chapter four

The next morning Francesca awoke to a heavenly smell and I'm not talking about the fragrant hair under her nose

Victoria's head was resting on her chest and her leg across both of her own.
Carefully she stroked the blonde mane and very gently lifted her head off her.
Then she crawled out of bed and carefully pushed the door open.
With a last smile at Victoria, she closed the door from the outside.

,,Good morning Francesca," said an amused voice from the side.
Caught off guard, she turned around and looked at Damiano's amused face.
,,It's not what it looks like!" Francesca defended herself with her hands up.
,,Like this? What does it look like?" the Italian provoked.
"You tell me!" the taller girl shot back.
With a smile, they both turned away from each other and marched off in opposite directions.

Francesca took a quick shower and put on something comfortable before she too ran down the big wood stairs, chasing the delicious smell of scrambled eggs.
Thomas and Damiano had already made themselves comfortable at the large dining table.
Francesca wished them a good morning and slipped into the kitchen.
There, with his back to her, stood Ethan, twirling three different pans through the air.
"Oi Ethan! That smells wonderful!" the long-haired man enthused and walked on to the coffee machine.
,,Thank you. The coffee should still be warm."
Wide-eyed, Francesca looked at the young man, who had tied his hair into a bun, and back at the coffee maker
"You even made coffee? Ethan, you're a darling!" the young Italian said, pouring some of the bitter brew into a cup and giving him a kiss on the cheek as he walked past.
The boy laughed and set about stacking the pancakes.

They ate breakfast, after a sleepy Victoria came staggering down the stairs, enjoying the togetherness.
Thomas had opened the large doors to the outside so that the still fresh morning air drifted through the house and the chirping of the birds filtered inside.
Mocha and Ginger were playing and chasing around the garden.
Both had slept in Damiano's room during the night, who told her that he missed his dog very much.
Victoria then showed Francesca a picture of Chili, the little white dog.
Late in the morning, the band said goodbye to Francesca and headed home.

She worked the rest of the day and heated up the pasta from yesterday.
She had agreed with Ethan that they would cook together sometime in the future, because they found that it was a common passion.
In the early evening she just stood there and thought about what she could do.
Finally she grabbed her headphones and the dog leashes.
,,Ginger! Mocha! Come here!" she called through the house and immediately two small rockets shot towards her.
She put the earplugs in her ears and ran through the woods behind her house, across some fields, over a large meadow and finally up a small hill from where she could watch the coast.
She took the headphones out of her ears and listened to the sound of the waves.                                  It brought calmness into the fast rush of her blood.                                                                                            Suddenly her mobile vibrated.

<Sandro>
"Hi, what's up?" she asked her best friend.
"We have a little problem. Tomorrow there is a gala of Dolce and Cabana, whose invitation to you got lost and just arrived. I would have signed you out, but the secretary said it was important, so?" he babbled on.
,,Well, there's nothing we can do about it. Will you book me a flight, say in four hours?" Francesca asked.
,,I will. You can bring one person. Do you have someone, or should I just book one seat?" Sandro explained.
"You know what? Make it two! I think I have someone in mind!" Francesca said with a grin.
,,Okay. I'll send you more details" and with that he hung up.

Francesca quickly dialled Victoria's number and waited until the soft voice of the bass guitarist answered.

"Ciao Francesca!" Victoria called into the phone, delighted, and ran into her room to be alone.
,,Ciao Victoria!" the brunette answered and immediately explained her idea.
"And you really think I should come? We've only known eachother for about two days." Victoria asked incredulously.                                                                                                                                                 ,,What, do you not trust me? Risk it and have a little fun, my love." persuaded her Francesca. ,,You really think I should come with you?"                                                                                                           ,,Yes, absolutely yes! But there would be a problem, the flight leaves in four hours," Francesca said grudgingly.
"What?! Are you crazy?! What am I supposed to wear? My suitcase?!" Victoria shouted excitedly.
A few Italian curses later, Victoria said goodbye, with the excuse that she still had too much to do.
,,Okay, I'll pick you up in an hour!" Francesca shouted into her phone before running home as fast as she could.

Victoria, meanwhile, was running around the house gathering all her things.
The boys watched her with amusement.                                                                                                                    They had heard every word of the telephone conversation
Victoria stopped abruptly in front of a mirror in the corridor.
,,I can't possibly fly like this!" she grumbled and looked down at herself.
A blue bikini was the only thing she was wearing at the time.
Her hair hung untidily in a bun and her face was slightly red from the sun.
A glance at the clock told her that she still had a quarter of an hour.
She quickly ran to her room and changed, then ran to the bathroom and fixed her hair.
Just as she was putting on her eyeliner, the doorbell rang.

,,I'll get it!" Thomas shouted and opened the door for Francesca, who had also changed quickly.
Thomas invited her in and said that Victoria probably needed a little more time.
So she plopped down on the couch with Ethan and Damiano, who were watching some show.
About ten minutes later, Victoria came down the stairs, dragging a bright yellow suitcase behind her.
To Ethan's offer of help, she simply said, "No, I can do it myself!" and trudged down the stairs.
She stopped in front of Francesca and looked down at her.
,,Hoplahop Madame Massouri!" she said cheekily and dashed off laughing.
Francesca quickly ran after her and caught hold of her in the kitchen.

She quickly wrapped her arms around the smaller girl's waist and whispered to her: "Gotcha!".
A blush spread across both their faces as they realised how close they actually were.
It felt good, but Francesca quickly let go of her.
A little embarrassed, she scratched the back of her head and looked away sheepishly.
"We should get going," Victoria said to break the silence and Francesca followed her, nodding.

They said goodbye to the boys and Victoria gave Chili another big cuddle.
"Naw, I'm going to miss you, you little sausage!" she said and let go of her dog.
She looked up at Francesca, who was already holding her suitcase.
"We can go." she nodded and the brunette ran outside.
Victoria gave everyone another cuddle and quickly dashed after her.
She sat down in the passenger seat and looked at the driver, who started the engine and laughed at her.
"Let's go on an adventure!"

~~~~1154 words~~~~