chapter eighteen

-hear the music for the vibe of the chapter-

Deep bass sounds reached her ears.
She could already see the coloured lights shining from outside, but inside they seemed to want to cast a spell on you.
Stuffy air and smoke mixed and clouded your head.
Groaning, Francesca pushed her way through the sweaty bodies.
Victoria had already left with Damiano for the dance floor and there was no sign of Thomas and Ethan anywhere.
Resigned to her fate, she sat down on one of the unusually comfortable bar stools and watched the bartenders at work until she ordered a vodka martini.
From her seat she could see a blonde fuzzy head swaying his hips violently, but Francesca didn't worry because who can take better care of herself than Victoria de fucking Angelis ,eh?

Victoria thought it was wonderful to finally be in a club again and to be able to completely let off steam.
Of course, they had recently had a party at home, but it was hardly the same.
Driven by the adrenaline in her body, she moved to the beat and bounced around with Damiano.
After the song, I don't know how many, she briefly said goodbye to him to get something to drink and to take the opportunity to look for Francesca, who didn't want to dance.
Suddenly she felt a sharp pain on her bottom and turned around in horror.
There was a tall guy standing there, Victoria would estimate him to be around 1.80 metres.
He smiled broadly and looked down at her.
"Well, sweetheart, would you like to dance?" he asked insinuatingly, showing a row of white teeth.
The blonde stared indignantly into his ugly dirty eyes.
"Or maybe something else?"
That was enough! Victoria's hand landed on his cheek, clapping.
But it didn't have the desired effect, because the man kept grinning at her and stepped even closer.
"Uhh, someone's feisty!"
He was about to reach for her when he was grabbed by the wrist and turned around with full force.
"Is there a problem here?" asked a certain curly-haired woman.
The man grinned and said something about >>I have two horny things for me<< but his grin began to fade as Francesca rose to her full height.
Now she towered over him and stared at him with such a hateful look that Victoria would have liked to run away herself.
Squirming, the stranger spun to escape the iron grip on his wrist.
Victoria studied Francesca's features, which were ominous and looked as if they were planning a murder.
Determined that it was enough, she took a step forward and put a hand on her forearm, waking her from her stupor and shaking her, she released the poor fellow, who quickly disappeared.
Francesca looked worriedly at Victoria and put her hands on her face.
"Are you okay?" she asked, looking at her flushed cheeks.
"You're asking ME if I'm okay?" she asked in surprise, wanting to point out that Francesca needed to ask herself that much more.
Smiling mischievously, Francesca scratched the back of her neck.
"I guess so," she said.
Shaking her head, Vic grabbed her hands and pulled her behind her to the bar where she ordered two tequila and leaned against the bar.
Just to be on the safe side, in case another fool got any stupid ideas, France put her arm around Vic's waist, which she relaxed into her grip.
Victoria knew how to defend herself, but it was nice to know that someone was still looking out for her.

With the drink in her hand, she kept a lookout for the boys.
Francesca next to her was talking to an older Italian who seemed to be a family friend.
Suddenly she noticed the grip on her waist tightening.
Astonished, she looked at Francesca, who was talking animatedly with the gentleman and did not seem entirely at peace.
Vic couldn't hear what they were talking about over the loud music, but she saw a worried look on Francesca's face.
Finally Francesca's attention turned to her.
"Find the others! Meet me outside the door!" Francesca ordered her in a tone that brooked no reply.
"But what's wrong?" Victoria wanted to ask, but her friends had already left.
Worried and confused, she went in search of the three boys who were in the middle of the dance floor.

"Ayy Victoria !!! Does the princess want to dance with us?" Ethan asked amusedly and Victoria wondered what Thomas had put in him to make him feel so good.
Shaking her head, she grabbed the three and pushed them through the crowd towards the exit.
At first they did as they were told, but shortly afterwards they resisted.
"What's going on?" they wanted to know, confused.
"I don't know myself. Francesca looked so worried and-" she was interrupted by a loud bang.
"What the hell?!" she heard beside her, then another bang.
The crowd began to sway and shriek.
Suddenly a kind of tidal wave began to push towards the door and everyone pushed everyone else ,because no one wanted to end up with a bullet in their body.
Concerned, the band looked at each other, but decided without words to get out of here as quickly as possible.
Damiano kept telling Victoria that Francesca was probably already waiting for her outside, but Vic had the feeling that she was doing the exact opposite.
There was something strange about the man and she didn't just mean his clothes, which resembled an FBI agent, no, his whole demeanour said something sinister.
Francesca seemed to have learned something important, for she hurried after the sinister man.
Her aura had something dark about it ... something determined.

Outside the club, crowds of people and cars bustled about, bringing little order with them.
The band stood, somewhat lost, in front of the entrance and looked around nervously.
The gunshots were getting louder and louder, you'd think they were right next to you.
The low roar of a car caught Ethan's attention and he quickly tapped his colleagues.
Vic exhaled with relief.
There, standing by a jet-black Range Rover, was Francesca.
Her hair was up as best it could be and she had removed her jacket so that she was only wearing a white shirt .
Hastily she told them to get into the car.
The four of them didn't need to be told twice and literally jumped in.
As soon as the door was closed behind them, the driver pressed the accelerator.
There was an oppressive tension in the car, which swept over the streets at full speed.
Victoria was the first to dare ask what was going on.
"I'll explain when we get home," Francesca said curtly and was already hammering away on her phone.
Confused, the band members looked at each other and silently agreed that it would be better not to ask any more questions.

----1142 words----