chapter seven

The chauffeur opened the door and Francesca carefully put her feet out

The flurry of flashbulbs began immediately, but it was nowhere near as strong as with all the others.
No wonder, she stayed in the background and was far from being so well known.
But one shouldn't be too hasty, because as soon as her enchanting companion got out, the flash became stronger than all the others.
Two women, still almost unknown, who gave away with their sight that they were hiding something greater than anyone here would think.
With chins up and arms hooked, they strutted up the stairs, past all the paparazzi.
They felt powerful and so incredibly important.
Adrenaline was pumping through their bodies, the fact of their bodies touching was probably also crucial.

With open mouths they both looked around the entrance hall.
A high ceiling, a graceful spiral staircase made of marble and many noble ladys and gentlemen.
Two servants came sprinting towards them, but slowed down when they realised they were not wearing jackets or cloaks.
Instead, a young woman brought them two glasses of champagne, which they gratefully accepted.
Grinning, Francesca looked down at Vic, who looked up at her with an equally wide grin.
Laughing, they clinked glasses and climbed the stairs to the main hall.

The main hall was hung with dark cloths.
Marbled pathways wound between small tables adorned with gold, gleaming in the light of the spotlights.
They took their seats, but their arms remained intertwined and neither made any attempt to take them apart.

A short time later, an older woman came to their table.
When she caught Francesca's eye, she jumped up and spread her arms.
Smiling, the two embraced and Vic watched them, a little puzzled.
The woman had dark brown hair cut in a French bob.
Her big eyes were moss green and her lips a deep red.
She had the same mocha skin as Francesca and was, for better or worse, a feast for the eyes, but rather one of the last generation.
Now they both turned to Vic, who stood up with a surprised smile and stood next to her companion.
,,Good afternoon, I am Victoria, Victoria De Angelis," she said politely.
The lady took her hand joyfully, but pulled her into a hug and laughed.
"And I am Vera, my beautiful!"
She let go of her again and turned to Francesca.
,,Francis, that's quite a catch you've got there!" she exclaimed and apologised, but said she would join them again.

Embarrassed, Francesca scratched her head at Vic, who looked up into her face with a grin.
,,Well, how am I going to explain this to you?" she said haltingly, trying to hide the blush on her face.
"She and my father are ... good friends, so to speak." Francesca tried, but it sounded rather desperate or complicated.
,,Whatever, she seems nice," Vic helped her out of the mess and smiled.
"And Francis is an excellent name," she added provocatively before she began to mock.
Embarrassed, Francesca hid her face behind her hands and laughed into it.
Her laugh was even darker than usual because it was muffled by her hands and Victoria tried in vain to avoid the tugging of her abdomen.

The show was interesting, as was the collection and the models.
Afterwards there was an after party which Vera decided to spend with the girls.
,,I would really love to have you both for my next photo shoot! Just once, I promise!" Vera tried to persuade the two.
,,Why not?" Vic asked and looked Francesca in the eye.
,,You'd be the power couple par excellence!" exclaimed Vera joyfully.
Embarrassed, the two girls looked in different directions.
Now Vera seemed to understand.
"Uh, you're not together yet?" she asked the obvious.
Gritting their teeth, they answered in the negative.

Vic excused himself to the toilet and so Francesca was left alone with Vera.
As soon as the blonde was out of sight, the latter leaned over.
"Get her!"
Irritated, the brunette looked at her, but realised what she meant.
"I can't. I lose everyone, really everyone," Francesca explained sadly.
,,Are you still in that self-pity phase? Stop it! Your mother left you because she's a bitch and so did your ex-boy-/girlfriends. Your problem is that you only get useless creatures who are not worthy of you. But this girl is different. Victoria is a diamond, a piece of gold and if you don't get her I will rip your head off! Of course you are a difficult person and the conditions are not easy either, but love can do anything! So pull yourself together and take this one chance ,because you won't get a better one!" the older woman scolded her and puffed as she finished.
Francesca watched her with widened eyes, but gradually realised that she was right.
Vera stood up, waved her hair and said: "Say her goodbye from me!".
The brunette nodded and stared at the ornate glass in her right hand, lost in thought.
The bronze-coloured liquid in it swayed in the circle of her movements and burned in her throat as she drank it.
Her gaze rose again and wandered to the silhouette coming towards her.

The blonde curls shone in the light and the body moved gracefully between the tables.
The soft contours of the face stood out in the dim light and the blue eyes seemed to glow.
And it was precisely at this moment that Francesca Massouri decided never to let Victoria de Angelis go.
She was to be hers and hers alone.
Elegantly she stood up and walked through the tables towards the blonde.
She approached her with a questioning expression on her face.
"Would you like to have the dinner I promised you?" Francesca asked straight away.
Somewhat taken off guard, Victoria nodded and was not fazed by the hand on her lower back.
Gently Francesca pushed Vic out and hailed a taxi.
"One to Toca Calabria, please," she badged the driver and leaned back in the seat.
Grinning, she looked at Victoria.
Oh yes, she was going to have a lot of fun wooing this beauty.
But it was not only Francesca who now decided to go on the offensive.

Let's go back to the moment when Vic disappeared into the bathroom.
She pushed past people and pulled on the dark wooden door, which was weighted with metal and decorated with gold.
An intense smell of disinfectant hit her nose, which she wrinkled in response.
Cold water hit her heated skin and soothed her a little.
Why couldn't she pull herself together?
She splashed some of the water on her face, knowing that Vinnie had waterproofed the make-up.
Gasping, she stared at her reflection in the mirror.
She had only known this girl for a few days and yet she had such an effect on her.
But why hide ? Why didn't she just make her move ?
Confidently she smiled into her reflection and walked back ,back to her adored one.
(You know the rest)

Her thoughts drifted back and forth between the beautiful evening streets of Milan and the person next to her.
She noticed the stare on her, but did not bother to do anything about it.
No, on the contrary, she liked to be adored like that.
So she merely wrinkled her nose and continued to search happily for the restaurant.

~~~~1238 words~~~~