chapter thirteen

The cross of her necklace glittered in the spotlight as Francesca made her way through the crowd

In her hands she balanced a tray full of colourful cocktails she had mixed herself.
Her eyes landed on her target.
Victoria, Damiano and a few more were sitting on one of the outdoor couches, chatting animatedly.
At least that was what France suspected, because she only saw them from behind.
Cautiously, making a joke of it, she leaned forward over the couch and stood right next to Vic's ear.
"Having fun?" she whispered harshly, amused by Vic's startled expression.
The rest of the couch also enjoyed Vic's suffering ,which stared angrily at Francesca, who had made her way around the couch and was now handing out drinks.

She held one last one up to the blonde's nose and gave her a puppy-dog look that was just irresistibly stupid.
,,I'm sorry," she apologised to Victoria and got down on her knees.
Like a praying man before God, she lay down in front of Vic and held up the cocktail.
"Dear Victoria de Angelis, please, oh you goddess of beauty and bass guitars, accept my apology and do me the honour of trying my latest mix!" she dramatised the whole scene and made everyone laugh again.
Vic, too, could no longer hide her grin and took the drink from her hand, carefully sipping from the straw.
Francesca, at her feet, looked at her expectantly.
All was silent and all eyes were on Victoria who slowly took the straw from her lips.
She looked down powerfully at Francesca, her expression impenetrable, until her lips formed a smile.
"It tastes good," were the two simple words that made everyone in the lot roar and holler.
Laughing, Francesca picked herself up and dropped down next to her companion.

Around midnight, she got up, grabbed a glass and tapped it before climbing onto the couch below her and asking loudly for attention.
"My dear friends, we are not gathered here today for just any party, no, today we celebrate the beginning of a new era, the rise of a band and the rewriting of rock history!!!! I love you my dear four little babies so much and I look forward to our time together!!!" she exclaimed and everyone clapped enthusiastically.
Shouts came from all sides and congratulations reached the band, who laughed enthusiastically and thanked everyone.
,,Oh, and one more thing: ROCK'N ROLL NEVER DIES!!!" Francesca shouted and jumped down before the music started again and everyone danced excitedly together.
Relaxed and happy, she sat back and enjoyed the moment.
The party was going great, all the guests were celebrating and Damiano was showing off his beer pong skills.
Victoria unpacked dance skills that no one had suspected, but everyone found damn great.
Ethan and Thoma had already crawled into their room after an hour and were now doing who knows what.

Shortly before eleven, the doorbell rang.
Francesca paused, puzzled, and turned questioningly to Damiano.
,,Did you invite anyone else?" she shouted over the loud music.
Damiano shook his long brown mane, letting her know that he didn't know of any other guests.
Confused, Francesca made her way to the door, pushing her way here and there past smooching people and gripping the cold metal of the door handle.
A young woman emerged from behind it.
Francesca faltered and could hardly believe her eyes.
"What are you doing here?" she asked, louder than she had intended, and quickly covered her mouth with her hand before removing the key and closing the door behind her.
The young woman pushed one of her hydrogen blonde strands behind her ear, revealing thick gold earrings.
,,Aren't you glad to see me again?" she asked innocently, looking at Francesca out of her bright green eyes.
,,I told you to stay away from me and my life!" the lady of the house scolded angrily and looked at the beauty who was still a stranger to us.
,,Oh Francesca, you can't just turn me down like that! I know about your feelings, they are still as strong as my feelings for you!" the blonde complained and took a step towards Francesca.
,,What feelings?" asked a softer voice from the front door.
,,No feelings at all, darling," Francesca's voice cut icily through the air.
,,Darling?! Are you seeing someone else? Who is this bitch and what is she doing in my house?" the stranger shouted and made an accusing face which she let Francesca see.
Francesca, however, had revved up her engines when she heard the expression against Victoria and strode menacingly towards the intruder.
,,Now, listen to me, Ravenna! I have no more feelings for you! You cheated on me and that was the end of our relationship! This house has never been yours!" her index finger dug into Ravenna's chest, "and if you ever speak out against Victoria again, you will wish you never met me!!!! Is that clear?" the brunette roared angrily.
Snorting, Ravenna shook her hair and looked coldly at them.
,,This is going to have repercussions!" she shouted before turning on her heels and trotting away.
Francesca looked after her for a moment, then slowly turned to Victoria, who stood in the doorway looking down at her in disbelief.
,,What exactly was that?" the words fell out of her mouth and she stared at her sweetheart in confusion.
,,Vic, this is my ex-girlfriend Ravenna. Adorable, isn't she?" she said sarcastically and put an arm around Victoria.
,,I'm sorry," she apologised and leaned her head against her friend's.
To make France understand that she accepted the apology, Victoria also put her arms around the other.
The moon shone down on them and lit up their eyes.
Carefully, Francesca approached Victoria's lips and gently joined them.
The alcohol from their mouths mingled and they fizzed as they let go of each other.
Laughing, Victoria put an arm around the other's waist and together they walked back to the party.

At a little after five, almost all the guests had left the premises and only Victoria, Damiano and Francesca were sitting together by the pool, dangling their feet in it.
The latter had already taken a look at her other two charges, whom she had found slumbering peacefully together in one of the guest rooms.
,,I think I'll go to bed now. Sleep well," Damiano said, leaning on his knees to get up.
(The rooms on the upper floors were already open again when the last guest had left.)
Waving, the two ladies wished him a good night and smiling, they turned their eyes back to the slightly shining water that was just catching the last rays of the moon before the sun's rays would take its place in about an hour and a half.

Francesca looked down at Victoria's hand and shortly after put her own in it.
Smiling, the blonde looked towards her and an eerie warmth spread through the taller woman's body.
The melody of "Merry go round of life" began to play through the still running loudspeakers and delightedly she pulled Victoria to her feet.
,,I love this song," she whispered into the night and put her hands on Victoria's hips.
Smiling softly at her friend's joy, she placed her hands on the back of her neck.
She looked deeply into her eyes and suddenly realised.
"And I love you." crept out from her lips into the freedom of the enlightening truth.
Victoria had thought of many reactions now, but the fact that Francesca's eyes filled with water and tears rolled down her cheeks was not one of them.
The curly head bent down and pressed her lips to the guitarist's as a sign of her response.
Salt mixed with alcohol and the incredible sweetness of full love.

~~~~1301 words~~~~