chapter fourteen

The next morning, Francesca woke up with a booming skull

The place next to her was empty and also already cold.
Groaning, she got out of bed to see where her beloved was.
Swaying slightly, she ran down the stairs and stopped in amazement.
Her whole house was already tidied up and completely clean again.
A light wind was blowing through the house and voices were coming from outside.
Someone was singing passionately, trying in vain to drown out the barking of some dogs.

Smiling, Francesca stepped out through the door into the still dewy grass of her garden.
There sat Mâneskin, Mocha, Ginger and another dog, which she shortly remembered was Chili.
Victoria's eyes caught hers and enthusiastically she swayed towards her.
Immediately Mocha and Ginger jumped up and ran towards her.
They barked happily and ran around her legs.
The little bright ball of fuzz also came towards her and tried to snap at her.
Carefully she sat down on the ground and greeted her dogs.
Then she let her long fingers glide through Chili's soft fur.
,,Well, you must be Chili! Your mistress has already told me a bunch about you," she said in a soft tone, to which the dog seemed to answer her with a short bark.
Mocha and Ginger had already laid their heads on her legs, as they had done since they were little.
She lovingly stroked their muzzles and straightened up.
Growling slightly in annoyance, the two also straightened up and followed their mistress, who slurped to the table.

"Morning." she grumbled to the group and plopped down on one of the many wooden chairs.
,,How long have you been awake, please?" she asked, while she was preparing a roll for herself.
,,Ethan and Thomas were the first to wake up, probably because of all the "sleep" they got, eh? Then I woke up and ran into Vic on the way to the bathroom. Some older gentleman brought the dogs over ,so your two. I brought ours from the bakery," Damiano explained, half sipping his coffee.
,,The old man wouldn't happen to be about six feet tall with short gray hair?" asked Francesca, her mouth full of cheese rolls.
,,No, he was quite short and had gelled hair," Ethan said while scratching Thomas' head.
"Oh, okay."

Well, the little man was Massimo, Francesca's father's second-in-command and go-to guy.
He took care of her a lot when she was a young girl and taught her just about everything he knew.
She fondly remembered the times when she sat with him in the living room and played cards, cooked pasta in his kitchen or read together in his garden.
Smiling slightly, she turned from her memories and thanked her friends.
She briefly explained that they could sign the contracts today, her lawyer was really fast, and then have the rest of the day to themselves.

,,I'd say we'll let you have your vacation days before work starts," Thomas said, laughing at the sight of Mocha and Chili making themselves comfortable on Ginger.
Ethan pointed both of his index fingers at him approvingly and Damiano nodded in agreement.
So they all got ready to go to the lawyer's office around noon.
None of the band members knew exactly where the lawyer was, but they trusted Francesca and so they told their old manager, who promised to send them the documents in time.
A certain excitement was under the skin of all of them and was growing stronger by the minute.
Slowly they seemed to realize what this could mean for them.
And everyone had different feelings about it.

-This is just a bridging chapter ,so no worries ,the next one will be longer-

____620_words____