chapter twelve

,,What do you think about me cooking something to celebrate?" France asked as she floated on her back through the pool

,,You always do that anyway. Well, not that it wouldn't taste good. On the contrary, we adore your food!" Vic tried to express herself.
,,Yeah, I understand. You're right," France said and continued to think.
"And what do you think about a party?"
,,A party sounds good!" said Damiano, who was immediately on fire.
,,I haven't been to one for ages," said Thomas and Ethan agreed.
,,Then it's a done deal! There's a party tonight!" France said enthusiastically and got out of the pool to call some people.
"Invite some of your friends too! I want to meet everyone!" France smiled and disappeared inside.
She invited a few, ordered food and drink, as her stock was running low.
On her way out, the band met her.
,,We'll go home and change. Besides, Vic needs new clothes for her holiday here with you," Ethan said and put on his shoes.
,,You can leave your clothes at home!" Francesca sneered and caught a slap on the back of her head.
Laughing, she said goodbye and turned towards her house.

Her dogs would stay with her father until tomorrow, she had made sure of that.
He never liked to admit it, but any blind cow could see how much he liked them.
From her cellar she got a box full of fairy lights and hung them everywhere, outside and inside.
She got more cues for her pool table and moved her poker table nearby.
With the delivered drinks she filled up the bar outside and with the food she set up a small buffet on her living room table.
When she looked at the clock, it was already half past seven and the first guests were about to arrive.
She quickly hurried upstairs and changed, tousled her hair briefly, then locked all the important rooms and put the key safely in its hiding place.
For some this might be a bit excessive, but Francesca didn't like to trust others and some of the things were really valuable.

Her long red dress grazed her ankles as she strutted down the grand staircase.
Two leg slits, a low back and spaghetti straps revealed many of her tattoos.
She had decided against shoes, firstly because she was at home and secondly because she would have taken them off anyway.
Since no one was there yet, she briefly fell into one of the dark wing chairs.
She read the last few days in review and a big grin spread across her face.
She was indeed the manager of Mâneskin, had fulfilled a dream and on top of that she had that, whatever it was, with Victoria that made her incredibly happy.
Satisfied, she sighed and looked around her house.
,,What else will my life bring me?" Francesca asked herself, but was interrupted by a loud ringing.
As she passed, she switched on the music, which shortly afterwards echoed softly throughout the property.

The first to arrive was Sandro, who congratulated her with a hug and said with a laugh that he needed a drink first.
(He has a talent for mixing cocktails, which is why he would probably be behind the bar all evening).
Then some people appeared, of whom Francesca had not the faintest idea who they were, but they all introduced themselves individually.
,,My head is already buzzing!" she thought to herself, but turned to her visitors and sent them all to Sandro at the bar.
No one objected and Sandro proved his skill by stacking glasses and putting cocktails in them in the strangest of ways.
The bell rang again and France quickly ran in that direction, hoping that her protégés would jump out to meet her.
This was not the case, only some of her friends were standing in front of the door, but she warmly invited them in.
Slightly nervous, she looked at the clock, but it was just before eight o'clock.
So she went to her guests and was a good hostess to them.

,,So, Martinez, how are things with Theresa?" Francesca was just asking her former schoolmate when the bell rang again.
The brunette excused herself and ran to finally welcome the last guests.
By now, pretty much all the guests were there, so it was a little harder to push through the people.
The music had gotten louder, coloured lights flickered everywhere and everyone had at least one cup in their hand.
She reached the big dark door and pulled it open with a jerk.
There they stood, all four of them, looking at her apologetically.
But less than two seconds later Ethan hugged her and stood beside her.
"Sorry we're late, but three of this party of four couldn't find anything to wear." he mimicked his friends and caught three angry looks, two of which turned into a chase.
Now only Victoria stood in front of her, who looked at her intently.
,,You are beautiful," she whispered into the night and received a giggle in reply, as well as a long hug, until Damiano called out from inside where they. 

~~~~863 words~~~~