chapter twenty

thanks for the comments and the many choices at this point <3

Hours became days.
Days became weeks and weeks became three months.
Francesca felt empty without the whirlwind at her side.
She felt empty when she had no one to have intense conversations with.
She didn't like to admit it, because it betrayed the fact that she had become involved in feelings again, but she missed Victoria.
She missed her terribly.

Her fingers ran elegantly over the rough spine of the book and her thoughts tried to concentrate on the words, but kept slipping back to the little blonde with the cheeky mouth.
She was on her way back to Italy from Switzerland, where her uncle's will had been read.
As expected, she had inherited the garage and all his cars, with the urgent request that she take good care of his babies.
Her mother had made a huge fuss about it, because even though many of the cars were rather old and just for the fun of wrenching, there were three / four cars whose value was not to be underestimated.
But Francesca had just grinned maliciously, signed the contract and stalked off.
She hadn't seen any of her siblings, they all seemed to have stayed at home and so there was no reason for the dark-haired girl to stay any longer.

When the plane landed in Italy, Francesca immediately called Sandro to take care of the delivery of the cars.
In front of the small airport was a bright red 1985 Ferrari 288 GTO, with a tall man in a matte black suit standing by it.
He had his arms crossed in front of his chest, which defined his broad shoulders even more.
He spread his arms with a grin as Francesca strutted down the steps.
"Jessi! I like you much better in your skirts!" Francesca laughed jokingly, because it was not her place to decide what he wore.
"i missed you too!" he replied sarcastically and rolled his eyes.
Laughing, they fell into each other's arms.

                                                                           - Joseph "Jessi" Rudd -

"So, what are you doing here?" Francesca asked curiously and took a deep drag of her Marlboro cigarette, which was stuck between her long fingers.
"I got a special order from the top," said the man with the platinum blond hair, grinning mysteriously.
"I'm supposed to take your things and send you straight to your father," he explained, responding to the tall beauty's questioning look.
"And you wouldn't happen to know why?"
It went against her grain, probably because of what had happened with Victoria.
"No, I'm afraid I don't. But you should probably leave quickly if you don't want me to get fired."
Laughing nervously, he rubbed the back of his neck and took her travel bag.
After a brief agreement on her part, they hugged quickly and Francesca got into the Ferrari.
She threw her bag on the passenger seat and connected her mobile phone to the stereo.