Chapter Fifteen

______________________________________________________________

!ATTENTION READERS!

This chapter contains sensitive topics, including SA. If you are easily triggered, I recommend skipping over the majority of this chapter, if not the entire chapter. 

If you've ever been a victim or have experienced SA, know you are so strong and brave. I'm always available to talk if you need it. Love you all!

-Author

______________________________________________________________

My hair -down and loose on my shoulders- was yanked back, taking me with it.

My body collided with Dariel's who wrapped one of his enormous arms around my torso and biceps, pinning me to his chest. He was gripping my hair so tight, it felt as though it would rip from my skull, and his breath on the side of my face made me grimace.

"Some assassin you are," he chuckled, pulling my hair so my head went further back. I winced as I was forced to look up at the ceiling. "I'm going to take my time with ya." Not letting his grip loosen, Dariel quickly took the blades from my waist and threw them to the right. 

"Why?" I rasped. It was a genuine question. If this was going to be my death, I at least wanted to know why.

"'Cause," Dariel grinned, "I'll get good money to turn ya in, even dead." His mouth was to my ear. "But I figured I'd have a little fun with ya before driving a knife through ya heart." I scoffed.

"Well aren't you just a treat? You tell all the girls that?" I said sourly. Dariel laughed.

"Only the one worth millions, love."

I hadn't had time to process my head being thrown forward. It collided with something hard, maybe a wooden box, making me immediately fold to the floor. My vision began spinning and I lost feeling of my limbs. Twice, something else hit my face, more than likely a fist, nearly knocking me unconscious.

When I came to my surroundings, I realized I'd been gagged. I heard the sound of leather against metal; a belt being taken off. Dariel was straddling me, his movements quick as he began working on his pants.

Though I was dizzy, I forced my brain to work.

A punch would only blindside him and with me under him, that'd probably do more harm than good. I didn't have any of my weapons, and I was already injured with little to no strength left. If I cried out against the gag, Dariel would find some way to shut me up. If I fought, he would too.

Even so, I let my hand twitch toward my body. I had to fight. The other option was not one I was willing to take.

I waited until he dipped his head down low when he thought I was unconscious, and jabbed my arm up with all the strength I had left. My hand hit his throat, hit the pressure point, and broke his windpipe.

Dariel began choking on air. I watched him as he died.

I caught my breath, letting the shock and adrenaline flow from me. Rolling over to my side, I began coughing and ripping the gag from my mouth, stopping only to clutch my stomach. My shirt was still hiked up, exposing my stomach, and my pants had been unbuttoned and pulled down slightly. When I opened my eyes, I saw a few blood droplets on the ground. Reaching up, I touched my nose that slowly dribbled with blood. Thankfully, it wasn't broken, but it still hurt like hell.