Chapter Thirty-Five

This kiss was different than all of our others made out of anger or resentment or plain, drunken stupidity. It felt different. Slow and deep, the kiss was full of a need I'd never felt–a need that I didn't remember feeling the last two times we'd done this, when we had dared crossed that line into dangerous territory, when we hadn't cared in the slightest.

But this, now... it didn't feel like we were crossing a line anymore. In fact, the 'line' seemed to have disappeared altogether. There was just him and I and me and him. There was just... us.

Sorin pulled me further onto his lap, whatever he had wanted to say dying between us. His hands slid underneath my thighs. I cradled his face, pulling it closer to mine.

    My nightgown was hitched up to my hip, and I felt Sorin's hands slip up just enough to play with the end of the satin fabric. I pulled up on his shirt, and our kiss broke just long enough for me to throw it over his head; but it continued immediately after.

He stood, my legs wrapping around his waist, my arms hooking around the back of his neck, and with his hands still holding my thighs, he walked into the bedroom and laid me on his untouched bed. The sheets were cold against my back, and though a fire didn't burn and the windows weren't open, I smelt the distinct scent of cedar and crisp, wintery air.

I reached for his pants and tugged his belt away. Sorin smiled in the kiss.

"Eager are we?" He asked, kissing my jaw and trailing down to my neck. I laughed and sat up, kissing Sorin tauntingly before pulling away.

"Easy, lieutenant," I whispered. "I'm just getting started." I pulled Sorin further on the bed, nibbling at his skin and switched positions with him so I was on top. His eyes followed me as I straddled him. They were hungry and eager.

My fingers touched the bottom of my nightgown, riding it up my side and right under my breast. He watched me, his fingers holding onto my hips, as I slowly peeled the garment from my body and tossed it off the bed. And Sorin's eyes widened as he realized I didn't have any underwear on.

Smiling at his shock, I moved down. Our eyes made eye contact again as I undid his pants and pulled them off, throwing them, as I had my nightgown, off the bed.

My finger traced down his chest and outlined his abs, my lips crashing with his. Beneath me, his body let out a loose shudder as I started grinding on him. His brows knit, and he groaned into the kiss. My hands wove into his hair and he did the same to mine.

Sorin tried to stifle another groan, but I could tell he was close. So as he had done to me, I stopped suddenly, ignoring my own throbbing body. He leaned back on his elbows, his head slinging back, his chest heaving, hissing,

    "Fuck." I smirked and reached down, stroking the bulge in his underwear. He tensed. "Vera," he warned. "Stop teasing." I cocked my head and started to slide off his undergarments, keeping eye contact.

    "But why? It's fun seeing you grow hard just by my touch." My lips kissed down his chest.

"Keep playing with me, Vera Drystan, and I'll fuck you so hard, this whole town will hear your screams." I smiled.

"Mmm, you're all bark and no bite," I mumbled on his skin, eyes glancing up to him. Sorin's eyes dared me to continue, dared me to challenge him. I did.

"Y-" But before he could bite out a response, my hand took his cock in my hand.

    I repositioned myself on my knees and hands, kneeling before him. My head dipped down and my lips met with his tip, circling it with my tongue. His hand ran through my hair and tugged at the roots.