ANNOUNCEMENTS!!

Hey readers! First off, I wanted to thank you for reading and supporting The Scarlet Assassin! It's been a very long journey, and I'm so grateful for every one of you!

Secondly... I have a few announcements!

1) There will be a second book in The Scarlet Assassin series!

The title isn't permanent, but as of right now, I've decided to name it The King's Lieutenant. It will have a split POV between Sorin and Vera, and it will be set a month after the ending of The Scarlet Assassin. If you want a sneak peak of chapter one, I plan on posting it tomorrow, May 30th, at 9 pm CT!

2) I am in the process of writing another book!

So while I'm in the process of editing/revising The Scarlet Assassin, I wanted to post a little side project I've been working on. If you follow my TikTok account @bookwormwithapencil (which you totally should) I posted a video a while ago with books I plan on releasing this year. Its title was Dancing in the Rain, but thanks to the amazing idea of my best friend pizzzlover3994 (you should totally go check out her stuff by the way) I've decided to rename it The Perfectly Unperfect Guy. It's a realistic fiction project about a struggling writer trying to find the "perfectly unperfect guy" to help her finish her story. It's a break from my usual fantasy books, but it's been so fun to write so far!

I plan to post every Tuesday, starting on May 31st with a Character Board, Author's Note, and a Disclaimer. After that, every Tuesday will be a new chapter! I hope you all read and enjoy it!

3) The Scarlet Assassin rewrite announcements

While I thoroughly enjoyed this book, there is an entire world of things I didn't like about it. Granted, it was only a first write, and I have SO MANY ideas for the rewrite, and I've decided to share the most important things with you. First off, I will be implementing a magic/magical system into the book. While it won't be a main element of the book, I feel like it'll add a more fanciful flare to it. Also, I'll be completely rewriting the beginning, because there's a lot of elements I don't like. Finally, I'll be developing Vera's psychosis more. I feel like the depth of her psychosis was hidden, so I have a few tricks up my sleeve.

Again, thank you so much for supporting my writing journey, and I hope you join me on my next chapter! Thank you! 🤍