Chapter Thirty-Eight

Sorin watched me strap my holsters to my thighs, laying on my bed. "Please-"

"No." Sorin blew out an irritated breath.

"But-"

"No," I repeated sternly. "You're not going with me." I walked to the bathroom and brushed my hair. Sorin followed me.

"Come on, Vera, you can't do it by yourself. Admit it, you need someone."

Splitting my hair into three sections, I began to braid my hair. "I did perfectly fine on my own yesterday, thank you." Sorin waltzed toward me, arms wrapping around my waist, chin resting annoyingly on my head.

"Please? I'll keep you company," he pleaded as his lips placed soft kisses to my hair.

"Why are you so adamant on going?"

"Because if I don't, I'll be stuck with Ace and Sophie bickering and fighting all day, and I really, really don't want to listen to them all day. If I have to listen to them argue over something as stupid as how the other walks again, I'm going to gouge my eyes out." When I didn't respond, Sorin held me tighter and whined, "Please?" I tied off my braid and turned in Sorin's grip so I was facing him.

"As much as I love seeing you beg, Lieutenant, and, really I do... no."

I squirmed from his grip and walked back into my room, Sorin close at my heels. "Vera!" he pleaded. Sitting on the edge of my bed, I grabbed my boots and started to lace them up, but Sorin beat me to it. He knelt onto the ground in front of me, bending down to help me. "Come on. It could be your Solstice gift to me." His lips quirked up into a smirk. "You know because you didn't get me one."

I rolled my eyes. "In my defense, I didn't know we were doing gifts. Plus, I think I made that up to you last night." Sorin's hands traveled up my inner thigh. He pulled me closer to the edge of the bed.

"I'm having a hard time remembering... Care to fill me in on some details?" His fingers played with the inner seam of my pants.

I leaned down and kissed him lightly, smiling. "You only laced up one of my boots, Mr. Stryker," I mumbled on his lips. Sorin chuckled and broke away, slipping my boot onto my other foot.

"My apologies, Ms. Drystan." I watched in silence as Sorin tied up my boot, grinning slightly. When he finished, his hand stayed on my upper calf. 

Slowly, he pulled himself up to his knees and softly pulled my lips toward him. I smiled and kissed him back, deeply.

Sorin's grip on my leg tightened, and his friends slowly began to trail up to my thigh. "Please?" He mumbled into the kiss. I smiled and nibbled at his lower lip.

"No." Sorin sloppily kissed my neck, his free hand moving to my jacket to unfasten it. My eyes closed, and my chest rose and fell quickly.

"You know," kiss, "if you," kiss, "let me go," kiss, "we'd have," kiss, "a whole room to ourselves," kiss. "Oh the things I could do to you in a whole night." Then he pulled away completely. "Or, you know, you could go alone and spend an entire night wishing you were with me." He grinned at my flushed cheeks. "Your choice."

I gave a heavy, drawn-out sigh, eyes closing again. For a moment, I debated just knocking him out and leaving... but then I thought about what we could possibly do in a whole night and... mmm yeah it really wasn't that hard of a decision. "You have to exactly five minutes to be packed and ready-"

"Ha!"

"--Or I'm leaving your ass."

He practically sprinted from my room. "I'll be downstairs in three." The door shut, and I rolled my eyes, a smile on my lips.