Chapter 12

'I've come to fix your box.' Harry grinned.

'I beg your pardon?' I glared at him, shocked.

'Your fuse box. Dave said it had blown.'

'Did he now? Well did he also mention that I require a qualified mechanic to fix it? And I very much doubt that you sir, are a qualified mechanic.' I pushed my index finger in to his t-shirt.

'A mechanic? Is that right?'

'Yes, that is right.' For some reason I had put my hands on my hips and was pointing my nose in the air in a hoity manner, gleefully enjoying giving out orders to this barely known man.

'Well I'm not sure about a mechanic, but I'll take a look and see what I can do.'

'But you're a barman.' I pushed at him again.

'Yeah, well even a barman knows that to fix a fuse you just have to flick a switch. Even in Greece. Come, I'll show you so you can do it yourself in future.' He grabbed at my hand dragging me flailing to look at the box attached to the wall.

'Do you mind not grabbing me like that!' I demanded.

'So it's okay for you to freely prod at my chest, but I mustn't so much as dare to touch a high and mighty lady like yourself without asking?'

'High and mighty lady? Oh yes, I forgot you were a misogynist. Don't you like it when a woman answers back?'

'Quite the contrary, especially when they look as irate and sexy as you do now.'

I leaned against the wall, winded. Did this obnoxious man just call me sexy? And why am I arguing with him so vehemently; I've never even spoken to him before? At that moment the light above my head switched on.

'Et voila, just like that.' He was grinning, obviously proud of his little achievement. 'See it's simple, so next time I'm sure you can easily fix it yourself without having to resort to asking for help from a misogynist barman like me.'

'Actually I preferred it with the light off.' I reached over, flicking the fuse back to broken and causing the strengthening dusk to dominate once more, my pupils dilating further as they strained to take in Harry's outline in the darkness.