Chapter 1

T/W: Negative thoughts

Tommy POV:

I was woken up by someone turning on the lights. I sat up to see annie, my favorite staff member at the orphanage.

"Tommy you have to get ready, another family is looking to adopt" annie said in a kind voice. Before leaving the room.

I slowly get out of bed, I decide not to worry about my appearance because the family probably isnt  going to adopt me anyways. Once I've got changed into some clean clothes, I leave the room.

I haven't had any good experiences with families so far, as they normally only adopt for the money. I head downstairs into a room with four people in it. I see a man with blond hair and a green and white striped hat. I also see two younger boys, one of which with long pink hair and the other with brown hair and a yellow sweatshirt.

"You must be Tommy," the adult says smiling, "I'm Phil, and these are my two sons Will and Techno."

"Hey! Nice to meet you tommy." Will says enthusiastically.

"Hi" says Techno looking at his phone.

"Hi, nice to meet you guys too!" I say forcing a smile.

"So Tommy, tell us a little bit about yourself, what do you like to do for fun?" Phil says.

"Umm, well I like to listen to music and play minecraft I guess." I say a bit sheepishly, everyone always makes fun of me for playing minecraft. So I expected them to laugh at me, however, as soon as I said minecraft Techno's eyes shot up from his phone.

"I play minecraft too." He says, and I notice a tiny smile appear on his face.

"Wait you like music! I play guitar! I can teach you if you want!"

I was surprised, this family actually seems kinda nice.

No, they're just pretending to be nice, they just want to earn some money.

My thoughts might be right, but I have a pretty good feeling about this family.

I snap out of my thoughts and realize the others are all whispering to eachother. I'm not close enough to hear what they're saying, but before I get a chance to think about it, I hear a staff worker  come in.

"Have you made your decision?" Says Carrie, talking to Phil. She's my least favorite staff member.

"Yeah we're going to adopt him." Phil says smiling.

Wait, did I just hear that right? Whatever, I'm not even going to last a month before they send me back anyway.

"Are you sure?" I hear Carrie say, "Because we've got plenty of other kids." I know she's trying to change his mind.

"Yeah we're sure," says Phil, "Is there a problem?"

"No" Carrie says giving me a mean look. "Tommy go grab your stuff and you can leave" she says, rolling her eyes.

I run upstairs and throw my small amount of belongings into a backpack before heading back downstairs.

"Is that all your stuff?" Phil asks.

"Yup"

"Good, let's go." He says smiling at me.

Foster family number 26, let's see how this one goes.

A/N
This is my first story, and I know it isnt perfect, but I'll try and get better at my writing skills.