Chapter 24

Tommy POV:

Why didn't Phil get mad at me?

I'm sitting on the edge of the building in the middle of the night?

Why wouldn't he get mad at me?

Because Will did this too.

Yeah.

But Wilbur's his son.

If any of my other foster parents were smart enough to catch me doing something like this, they would have hurt me really badly.

Really really badly.

But Phil's different?

I don't know.

Maybe he's faking it?

Maybe he doesn't care about me?

Wait, that's not even a question, it's a statement.

He doesn't care about me.

It's been a couple hours since Phil left and I've just been lost in my thoughts.

Why would he care about me?

I'm not even related to him!

It's not his responsibility to care for me.

He's just gotta keep me alive and he gets the money for 'taking care of me'.

But this time's different,

Because he's actually CARING for me.

Well for now

I'm snapped out of my thoughts as a bright light shines over the horizon. The sun's rising.
The sun's rising?

Ive been out here that long?

As much as I want to stay and watch the sunrise, I need to head inside before anyone wakes up.

I climb through the window and carefully close it behind me.

I leave Wilbur's room, trying to be as quiet as possible.

I slowly head downstairs, and eventually reach the living room.

It's only 5am so I decide to try to fall back asleep.

I go to lay down beside Wilbur on the beanbag, but first I notice something.

Techno's gone.

Where could he be?

I look around in confusion, but decide not to worry about it and lie down.

Techno POV: A couple hours earlier

I wake up to Phil being loud as he lies back down on the sofa.

I sit up and rub my eyes to see Wilbur asleep, Phil already almost asleep, but Tommy's gone?

Looking at the clock, I see that it's like 330 am, what was Phil doing up?

And where's Tommy?

I get up and walk upstairs because I don't think he's down here.

I glance in the bathroom, then Tommy's room, and I even look in my room and I still can't find him.

I'm starting to get worried, even though I haven't known him for super long, I really care for Tommy. And if anything happened to him I don't know what I would do.

Looking in Wilbur's room, I see the window open.

Huh, weird.

I quietly go over to see that Tommy's sitting on the ledge. But he doesn't seem to notice me.

I go over to my room and grab a book, before heading back to Wilbur's room and quietly sitting on his bed.

Tommy doesn't hear me, and I begin to read my book.

I know Tommy's safe, but I want to be here just in case something happens.

I was going to read either way, and I'd rather read in Wilbur's room to know that Tommy's safe, than read downstairs and worry.

After a couple of hours, there's a little bit of light shining through the window.

It's almost morning?

I quietly close my book, and I'm about to tell Tommy to come inside, but before I get a chance, he begins to get up.

He still doesn't know I'm here, so I quickly go downstairs before he sees me.

I go into the kitchen because it's the darkest place in the room. With the curtains closed to block the sunrise, he can't even see me as he goes into the living room.

I watch him as he realizes I'm gone, and I almost laugh to myself as he looks around in confusion.

A little bit later, after he's fallen asleep, I go lie down and successfully fall asleep.

A/N

Sorry for the short sucky chapter!

Vote? Maybe? Please? Only if you want.

You. Are. Awesome.

Stop. Telling. Yourself. That. Your. Not.

Love you guys <3