Chapter 5

TW: Abuse, Panic attack, Cussing, Negative Thoughts

Tommy POV:

I'm reading the book, "Holes" in bed. The book started out pretty boring but it's starting to get good. When I take my attention away from the book I hear my foster parents fighting downstairs again.

This isn't unusual. My foster parents fight all the time. Although, they're shouting louder this time, like, really loud. So I set down my book to listen to the fight. I normally listen to the fights in order to make sure nothing really bad happens. Just in case.

I'm listening to them shouting when all of a sudden, the shouting stops. I feel my heart drop. I run downstairs worried about what I might see. When I get there, I see my foster mom on the floor unconscious and my foster dad standing over her.

Tears start welling up in my eyes as my foster dad makes his way towards me. I try to step back, to run away, anything, but I'm frozen in place.

My foster dad grabs my shirt and pulls me closer to him. I can smell his breath reeking of alcohol. He says, "You're not going to tell ANYONE about this right!?" I'm scared to say anything.

"ALRIGHT!?" He says as his hold tightens on my shirt.

I find the courage to nod my head. As he let's go of my shirt, he pushes me into the staircase. He starts to walk away but I hear him say something first, "You're a worthless peice of shit that nobody wants." I run upstairs hoping he doesn't follow. I get into my room and I shut the door behind me.

My foster dad's right, nobody wants me.

I feel a couple tears dripping down my face. I try to focus on my breathing. As I start to calm down, I hear footsteps coming upstairs.

Before I have time to react, my door shoots open, hitting hard against the wall leaving a dent. I see my foster dad looking super angry. He's definitely drunk.

He roughly pushes me against the wall really hard. I fall to the floor and look up at him in fear. He smirks at me and raises his fist. Then he says, "Why would anybody want you?" Before bringing his fist down. I wake up just before he hits me.

I wake up from my nightmare with tears in my eyes and my breathing becomes quicker. My heart is beating really fast and my mind is racing. Im shaking really bad. This is my worst panic attack yet.

It feels like the room is getting smaller and smaller. I feel like I'm suffocating, I have to get out of here. I run into the hallway before bumping into someone.

I look up to see Techno looking at me with confusion and concern evident in his eyes. "Tommy?" He says. I sit down on the ground and try to focus on my breathing but it's not working.

"Wilbur, Phil!" Techno calls out, unsure of what to do.

Wilbur POV:

I wake up to hearing Techno call my name. Normally I would ignore it and go back to bed, but it sounded like he was saying it out of fear.

I walk out into the hallway and see Tommy sitting on the floor with Techno standing next to him. I rush over, and by the time I get to Tommy I realize he's having a panic attack.

I see Phil run up to us  and it's very clear he doesn't know what to do. I sit down in front of Tommy. "Tommy, copy my breathing okay? Breathe in, Breathe out, Breathe in, Breathe out."

I can tell he's starting to calm down a bit. After a minute or so, he seems to be okay. We bring him into the living room so we can talk about it.

"What happened Tommy?"

A/N

Y'all better be hydrating
😤💦

TAKE CARE OF YOURSELFS!

YOU'RE AMAZING, NEVER FORGET IT!!!