Chapter 13

TW: Abuse, Panic attack, blood, violence, Cussing

Tommy POV:

A movie night sounds really fun. I kinda zone out for a little bit though until I hear Techno say, "Tommy and I will go to the corner store to get some candy."

After a little bit, Techno and I head out to the car. He turns on the radio, and we listen to the music in silence for the rest of the drive.

After we've been driving a couple minutes, the places out the window look kinda familiar. I don't think anything of it until I see a house. Not just any house, their house. My worst foster family ever. They hurt me more than words can explain both physically and mentally.

---Flashback---

I walk up to the front door of the house after my long day at school. I hesitate a moment before opening the door, I'm late and I know I'm going to get in trouble. But the longer I wait, the worst my punishment might be.

I take a deep breath and open the door. I don't see anyone, so I walk inside and quietly shut the door behind me. I look at the trashed living room and see a bunch of beer bottles and broken glass.

I walk across the living room trying to make it to the stairs as quietly as possible. I'm just about to reach the staircase when I feel someone grab the back of my shirt collar from behind me. Before I have time to react, they begin pulling it in another direction, dragging me with it. Everytime I try to resist, my shirt chokes me.

Thinking quickly, I try to slip off my shirt to which I succeed. After I get off my shirt, I immediately break into a run, but before I make it far, I feel someone grab my wrist. They pull me around so we are face to face.

It's Jeff. My foster 'dad'. The person I was most hoping it wouldn't be. The smell of alcohol coming from his breath almost makes me gag.

'You fucked up' he says before pulling me somewhere.

I try to get away from him but his grip is too strong. He pulls me over to an empty storage closet we have, then he opens the door to it and shoves me in. Closing the door, and locking it from the outside.

I know why he does this, the storage closet is the only room in the house with a lock on the outside, and also, it's easier for him to hurt me in here. Nowhere to run to.

After he locks the door though, I here his footsteps walking away. I hope he doesn't come back, but I know that's to good to be true.

A minute or so later, I hear him coming back. He stands outside of the door for a moment before unlocking it.
I watch as he opens the door and look to see a large knife I his hand. My eyes widen and I  look up at his sneering face.

---Flashback over---

I snap out of my thoughts, not wanting to relive what happened next. As we drive by his house, my breath begins to quicken, and I tense up in my seat. The car feels like it's getting smaller and smaller and I feel sweat dripping down my forehead.