Chapter 29

Tommy's POV:

We all walk back across the street to Phil's house before it gets super cold.

Tubbo's staying the night with us tonight.

Yay?

Once we get inside, Wilbur offers to give Tubbo a tour of the house while Techno, Phil and I make dinner.

Phil thinks it's a great idea, so Techno and I follow him to the kitchen.

Once we're in the kitchen, Phil turns to us and says, "What do you guys wanna make?"

I wait for Techno to answer, but he looks at me for an answer.

A couple seconds of us all staring at each other later, Phil offers to make tacos.

Techno and I both agree immediately. Techno's just happy he no longer has to make a decision, and I couldn't really care less about what we have to eat. Having to eat it is the real problem, but I'll deal with that later.

Techno and Phil get out the ingredients, and as much as I want to help them with that, I have NO idea where everything is.

A couple minutes later, all the things we need are on the table.

"Should I cook the beef?" Techno says.

Phil thinks for a moment before answering, "Yeah, you can do that while Tommy make some salsa."

Techno grabs a pan, putting it on the stove, he turns the heat up.

"So! Tommy," Phil begins, "Are you afraid to get your hands dirty?"

What?

"Um, no?" I reply unsurely.

"Good!" Phil says enthusiastically.

He grabs a bowl and a four small cans of tomatoes.

"Do you just wanna watch me do the first can, or do you want me to explain it as well?" Phil asks me.

As I learn better when I just watch something, I say, "Can I just watch please?"

"Of course!" Phil says as he washes his hands, and I do the same. Once our hands are clean, he grabs a can and opens it with a can opener.

He then grabs a couple mushy tomatoes from the can (with his hand) and squeezes it over the bowl.

He keeps squeezing it until all the juice is in the bowl, and places the remaining non-juicy tomatoes on the cutting bored.

Grabbing more tomatoes, he repeats this process until he's done with the can.

"So, do you think you've got it?" He asks me.

"Yup"

"Mkay," he says opening the next can, "your turn."

I begin doing what he did as he watches me do it. Once he knows that I got it, he goes over to Techno to help him.

—SkipBroughtToYouByJakeFromStateFarm—

Eventually I'm done with all the cans and I'm left with a bunch of tomato juice in a bowl, and a bunch of dry tomatoes on a cutting bored.

Looking over at Phil, I see he's cutting up some vegetables, and Techno's still working on cooking the beef.

Glancing over at the living room, I see Wilbur and Tubbo watching a movie.

I just stand by the counter awkwardly for a little bit, not wanting to interrupt Phil, but not knowing what to do next.

Eventually, Phil turns around and notices that I'm done. He comes over to me to see how I did.

"Good job Tommy! That's great!" Phil says enthusiastically.

"Thanks!? What do I do next?" I ask him.

Instead of answering me though, he just walks away, leaving me standing there confused.

Huh?

Did he not hear me?

What do I do.

I watch him as he walks over to a drawer, and pulls out a large kitchen knife.

I tense up and back up a bit. He takes a step towards me and I take a couple steps back.

As he sees me step back in fear, he freezes in place.

"I'm sorry Tommy, I didn't mean to frighten you."

He turns back around and places the knife back in the drawer. He then grabs a smaller butter knife from the same drawer and shows it to me.

"Is this better?" He says kindly.

No longer tense, and feeling a lot safer, I nod my head.

He comes over to me and shows me how to cut up the dry tomatoes on the cutting bored.

A/N

Not too interesting of a chapter lol

👋 hi!

I HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY/NIGHT/EVENING/MORNING!!!!!!

YOU ARE A BEAUTIFUL AMAZING PERSON!!!!

Here's some cake for you!
—————->>>🎂🍰