Chapter 19

TW: panic attack

Tommy POV:

I want to know where we're going, but I don't want to ask. So I just sit in my seat, staring out of the window.

It's so quiet right now that it's awkward. Techno must realize how awkward the silence is as he turns on the radio.

We just sit in silence other than the radio playing some random songs. I start to realize how tired I am as my eyes grow heavy.

I try to stay awake, but my sleep deprived body won't let me. Resting my head on the car window, I allow myself drift to sleep.

Techno POV:

I am very socially awkward.

It's quiet and I don't know what to say. I settle for just playing some music and turn on the radio. A crappy song comes on, but it's better than just silence.

A couple minutes pass and I realize I've been lost in my thoughts. Glancing to the side of me, I see Tommy sleeping peacefully with his head against the window.

I let out a sigh of relief for two reasons. First; Tommy needs sleep so I'm happy he's getting it. Second; it's a lot less awkward now that I'm the only one awake.

———time skip brought to you by friend———-

We reach our destination and Tommy's still sleeping. I'm debating whether to wake him up or not. I glance at my wrist watch.

It's only 230, and it's a 30 minute drive back...I'll let him sleep for now.

Stepping out of the car, I look around at my familiar surroundings. I'm glad no one else knows about this place, otherwise it would be packed.

I stay right next to the car in case Tommy wakes up, but I'm admiring where we are.

It's a small grassy field with healthy green grass and tall trees that tower over me.  Right next to the field is a clear blue river flowing downstream. 

There's also the calming sounds of a waterfall that's in the distance. There's some flowers in the field that create an amazing smell.

This place is one of my favorite places I've ever been to, It's a miracle that no ones discovered it yet.

Phil took me here when I was around Tommy's age and I never wanted to leave. Phil would bring me here and fish in the river while I read my books in the field.

I haven't been here for a while though, but it's so nice to be back. I lie down in the field and look up at the clouds above me.

That cloud looks kinda like a sword.

Weird.

That one looks like a dog.

A very ugly dog.

That one way over there looks like a unicorn.

That one over there looks like-

My thoughts are cut off as I fail to stifle a yawn.

I'm actually pretty tired.

Maybe I'll just close my eyes for a little bit.

Not fall asleep...just rest.

(He fell asleep)

Tommy POV:

I wake up in an uncomfortable position, and rub my tired eyes to wake me up. Sitting up I look around to realize I'm in a car alone. I start to panic as I remember what had happened.

Where's Techno!?

Is he okay!?

What happened?

He didn't leave me did he?

No, why would he leave his car here?

Realizing my breathing is speeding up, I count to ten slowly in order to calm myself down.

You're okay Tommy, just breathe.

In, and out, in, and out.

Once I'm calmed down, I step out of the car and look around to see a beautiful scene.

There a green field with flowers and really tall trees right next to a river.

Before I get a chance to admire my surroundings more, I notice someone laying in the field.

As I get closer, I realize it's Techno.

Huh

I can't blame him, this place seems so much more comfortable than a car.

By now I'm wide awake, so I look around a bit more, but I stay in the field so if Techno wakes up, he'll be able to see me.

I go over to a flower patch near Techno and sit down crisscross next to it. I pick out a couple pretty flowers and decide to do something an old friend taught me....

———flashback———

I walk out to the field of the orphanage to see someone who looks my age sitting by a tree.

Deciding to go introduce myself, I walk over to the boy. Once I reach him, I sit next to him and look at what he's doing.

"Hi!" He says excitedly.

"What are you doing?" I say confused.

"Oh! I'm making a flower crown! Wanna watch?"

"Sure!" I reply, intrigued.

I watch him carefully tie the stems of the flowers together to create a line of flowers. He then ties the ends of the line together to create a circle shape.

"Done!" He says smiling.

"It's really pretty!" I say to him truthfully.

"Here! You can keep it!" He says as he puts the crown on my head.

"Really!? Thank you!" I pause for a minute before saying, "Whats  your name?"

"I'm Tubbo!" He says happily.

"I'm Tommy."

(End of flashback)

I smile as I think back to that moment. That was when Tubbo became my best friend.

Im sad that he got adopted a year ago because I miss him, but happy for him that he got a nice family.

Thinking back to when he made that crown, I try to remember how he put the flowers together.

After a few failed attempts of me trying to repeat what Tubbo had done over a year ago, I finally get it right.

A couple minutes later, I finish making the crown. It's no where near as good as Tubbo's was, but I still feel a sense of accomplishment as I look at the finished product.

A/N

Thoughts?

Vote?

Sleep?

Eat?

Hydrate?

Shower?

Love you guys <3