34| Of A Stupid Man & The Wise Woman

It's like coming home after a long trip. That's what love is like. It's like coming home. 

One word. And his current actions would be explained.

Stupid.

Zach leaned against the counter, resting his palms over it in a tensed manner. The cashier billed his items in the grocery store while he refrained from hitting himself.

In what world did he think the woman whom he'd gotten pregnant and his ex-wife would be the pair he'd think would be fine to live under the same roof? Neither one of them would act bitchy or mean, he knew, but what about the awkwardness that would hit the roof?

What about all the tension?

Poor Zara. If she arrived before he got home, she would be stunned. She didn't even know how Sasha looked like. She'd be totally surprised.

Irritation coursed through Zach as the teen took his sweet time putting all of his stuff inside the carry bag. "I'll--I'll take care of that." he interrupted him, taking the items and pushing them in all at once haphazardly. 

Before he could say anything, Zach was fishing out his car keys to get to home as soon as possible. 

In his desperation to be supportive of Sasha's decision to remove herself from the source of her harm, he forgot exactly what he had done. He was so immersed in trying to do right by her, for once, that he was blind to other things he needed to keep in mind.

He just hoped Zara wasn't home during the time he stepped out to get some salt. 

Some freaking salt!

Not even something worthy like...like chicken or any kind of meat!

He sighed, pushing his hair back messily. As he parked his car in the building, a sense of doom filled his being. Knowing his luck, the two women had probably met and decided to just ditch the man in middle and get together with each other.

He chuckled at his own wild theory, instantly shutting up when a man gave him a weird stare. On his way to the elevator, he knew Zara was going to be extremely mad at him. 

What the fuck was I thinking?!

Finally, he reached to his door and wondered why he spent so much of time looking through the cereal. He used his own key to open the door. He braced himself and went in, hating that instead of feeling excitement over having Zara back home again, he was terrified of what might have happened.

Why? Just WHY did he have to wander around to look at the cereals? Why?

But as he stepped inside, a really weird and surreal sight greeted him. Zara was sitting on the couch, her legs spread wide in front of her as she drank some water, breathing with an open mouth and Sasha,

Oh god were his eyes deceiving him?

Sasha sat on the floor with a towel wrapped around her, her head bent low near Zara's crotch.

"What the actual fuck?"

He slid the bag of grocery out of his wrist and onto the table where he placed his car keys before venturing inside towards the two women. Eyes wide in bewilderment, he stared at them.

Sasha turned to glance at him but continued with what she was doing; untying Zara's boot-laces. He breathed in relief. 

Zara, on the other hand, couldn't even spare him a look, leaving him baffled.

"What's wrong?" He asked, concern filling his eyes at the disgruntled sight of Zara. She was breathing quit harshly through her mouth and placed a hand over her bump.