Epilogue

You look like the rest of my life...

It's a beautiful morning.

The scent of fall travels in with the wind and lightly brushes past Zach's hair. He smiles. It's a beautiful morning.

His coffee tasted great. He had never felt better.

Of course, a lot of it had to do with the fact that it's his and Zara's wedding anniversary today. 

His smiles widens. There's happiness. Sheer happiness.

Two years ago they had started their life together on this day. Moving to Canada with her had been the best decision of his life. 

Sure, it took him some time to find his footing in a new country. There were quite a few adjustments, but he was living with Zara.

His Zar.

A laugh escaping from her lips caused by a joke he made up and that'd be all the healing he needed in this lifetime.

Random dancing sessions in the middle of the night, dying of laughter in the intimacy of darkness...

The mornings are always beautiful, he realized. He's so habitual to it that it barely takes up his notice anymore. Mornings are always beautiful. All because he's with the love of his life.

Coffee is still the same, regular coffee. It's the lingering taste of Zara's lips that sweetens it for him. Even rains are fun, memories of him associating his mother's death on a cold, rainy night replaced by dancing around in the rain on their terrace and pulling her close to him for warmth.

His phone rings.

And the tradition lives on.

Whenever they're apart, Zach, the early bird that he is, does his work while waiting for Zara to wake up so his day actually starts.

"Good morning, wifey."

He can already picture a sleepy smile forming on her face.

"Good morning, hubby. How did you sleep?"

"Terrible. I can't sleep without you."

She giggles on the line. "Same. I barely slept an hour or two on the flight after Andrea forced me to close my eyes for, like, two hours straight."

"Good of her. It's going to be a long day."

"I kno—"

"And an even longer night." He adds, smirking. 

Her laugh fills his ears like music and he just knows he's made her blush. If only he could see her right now but she was still a few hours away, returning from a book event. He would've flown but with a busy schedule they were forced to work individually for the last three days.

"I have to go now. I'm very busy today."

"Oh are you?"

"Yeah I have a date."

"Damn girl, tell me all the deets later."

"I'll make sure to. I'll see you later."

"Bye, I love you."

"I love you more."

"Not possible." 

"It is."

He laughed. "Alright this could go on for a while."

"Yeah. Let's just hang up."

"Alright."

***