14| To The Baby!

You are so loved, little one...

It was late in the evening. Zach, Ethan and Blair were returning home from a day full of tedious work.

Blair looked deep in thought, and kept glancing at Zach every two minutes. The latter noticed this, but chose to ignore it, keeping his eyes on his phone, thinking she'll say it when she's ready.

But when they were about to arrive at Zach's home and she still hadn't said anything, he gave her a questioning look, raising his eye brows.

"What?"

Blair looked a little alarmed. "Well, it's just...", she trailed off, and then caught Ethan's eye, who shook his head subtly, so she continued, "nothing, it's nothing."

Zach scoffed. "Really, guys? You'd think I know both of you well enough to understand what that eye contact meant."

Blair sighed. "Okay. Listen. I wanted to go over some wedding plans and I wasn't sure if you'd want to be there--"

Zach gave them both a look of disbelief. "Of course I'd want to be there! You're my besties!"

"--because Sasha would be there too."

Realization dawned on him. "Oh."

"Yeah.", Ethan nodded.

Blair turned in her seat to look at him properly. "Hey, it's fine if you don't want to come, okay? No pressure. I'll understand."

Ethan added, "Yeah. We'll fill you in later on everything."

Zach contemplated what he should do. On one hand, he didn't know if he was ready to see Sasha. It has been months since they last saw each other and he wasn't sure he could handle it well.

But on the other hand, it's Blair and Ethan's wedding plans, something he doesn't want to miss for the life of him, after all they were practically his family. Their wedding and everything related to it has been a long-awaited event, specially for him.

Zach sighed, confusion swirling in his head. "I'll think about, okay? Don't count me out, but don't count me in yet either."

Blair and Ethan shared a worried look as Zach stepped out of the car, waved at them with a tight-lipped smile and went inside his building. Once inside his home, Zach slumped on the couch, feeling the need to have someone to talk to. Someone who wasn't directly involved in this Blair-Ethan-Sasha problem.

He felt that the late night shootings were better, because then he used to be so busy that he wouldn't have cared that he lived alone. He simply would've come home, have had a meal, and then slept no matter what time it was.

He hoped that Zara would say yes to his proposal for move in. From what he gathered these past few weeks, she seemed like a smart and pleasant woman, although he was a bit doubtful she'd say yes.

Sunday couldn't have come any more later, since he was looking forward to the celebration, and he was quite bored with no work the whole weekend. In the evening, Zach dressed himself in a nice, white t-shirt, that he tucked inside his tight black jeans in an attempt to look classy, but he couldn't help himself. His jeans were rugged.

He loved his bold and funky choice of clothing, and so even when Ethan had warned the dinner would be fancy because Blair arranged it, he smiled sheepishly and hung a silver chain on one side of his jeans. He wore a green jacket over it, and black shoes. 

When he looked in the mirror, he looked very bad-boyish, although he knew he was anything but. He just liked dressing this way. Elegant and formal attires never appealed much to him. He drove himself to the place Blair had made a reservation.