50| Got You

Three years later.

and suddenly, all the love songs were about you.

She's as beautiful as ever.

Even years later, she manages to stop his heart. Only to revive it back with rigorous fervour and excitement that only existed in him for her.

She distracts him from everything bad, everything that's wrong with this world.

It's like when God gave him one of the worst news he could possibly hear, when she gave her the wound, she also gave him the the cure in the form of his Zara.

His eyes longed to see her for so long. His eyes cried for her for god knows how many nights only to catch a sight of her at such a fateful day, so unexpectedly.

His feet had already begun walking himself towards her, seconds before her legs gave up on her and as she landed on her knees, devastated, he was there. He was there to grab her by her shoulders and steady her.

With a terrified look on her face, Zara looked up and right into his eyes.

Time stopped only a moment so they could behold each other. Before the reality set in again.

"Is-Is she o-okay?"

Sweat broke out on his face. Silently, he helped her up.

The accident had been terrible. Ivan and Zoya were out on the streets getting ice cream when they got blindsided by this car. Ivan tried his best to protect Zoya and in turn got some major injuries.

He received multiple fractures and other horrifying wounds which Zach couldn't even look at when Ivan was brought to the hospital. They immediately rushed him into an OR.

Zoya on the other hand, was taken to a trauma room and tended to until her test results came back.

The doctor had just told them that Zoya had life threatening injury in her liver. They needed to wait for her condition to stabilize before they could operate on her and fix the problem.

"And how long would that take?" Zara questioned.

"The next forty eight hours are really crucial for her. If she stabilizes during that time, then they operate."

"And if she doesn't?"

Zach stayed silent.

Zara was shaken up pretty badly. He wondered if she was reminded of the car accident they'd had. Even today, he's never been able to forgive himself completely for it.

Paige was devastated. Her parents arrived just a while ago. Trying to comfort her and be there for her had been a task. She'd been inconsolable the entire time. She just stared blankly at a wall, after she's stopped sobbing her heart out.

The entire day had been so overwhelming for him. He'd woken up, after a long time, feeling nostalgic. After all this time, he had consoled his heart into letting Zara go, but there were days that still made him miss her bone deep, such that the longing would progress into a physical ache.

Like today. He wished to be there by her side because he'd been looking forward to this day as much as anybody else. And then knowing that Ivan and Paige were going to go there too, with Zoya? It had completely ruined him.

Zara's first book.

Her book launch.

This was something so pivotal in her life that he couldn't bear to miss it and yet he knew he couldn't just book himself a ticket and fly over to Canada.