Rider

Hiccup was flying close to the water edge, not making a sound. They closed in on the ship and landed carefully on the deck. 

"Ok Toothless, see if there are any dragons that need our help," he said to the Night Fury that went to work immediately after receiving its orders. 

Hiccup walked past a few cages. The doors were open. Weird. 

"It seems as if someone has already been here, or this ship just sailed with nothing on it. I found a few bodies but no dragons," Astrid said as she landed and jumped of Stormfly.

Hiccup furrowed his brow. "Are there any dragon riders that we know of that would do this?" He asked the blonde.

"No, there has been no report of a rider and none of ours have been sent out. This is someone else," Astrid said as they both continued to walk. 

A sound suddenly startled them both. It sounded like something hitting metal.

"Come on." The voice was low and hushed. Another sound. The screening of a metal door and heavy footsteps.

Hiccup and Astrid ran over and hid behind a corner and carefully watched. Out of a now open cage stepped a big, blue Rumblehorn. The dragon was calm as it stepped out and seemed to follow something. Its gaze firmly fixed on what was in front of it.

Hiccup followed the dragon's gaze and landed upon a figure. It looked female in appearance and seemed to be a human, so it had to be a girl. She was wearing some kind of armor that was almost spot on to Hiccup's only in white and gray, with some black material peeking underneath it. The armor had to be made out of some sort of scales considering the texture.

She had her hand outstretched. Her hand was covered in a black leather glove and a white piece of scaly armor at the top. The Rumblehorn carefully smelled her hand before leaning into it and purring loudly. 

"Good boy, now get out of here," the figure said while retracting her hand. The Rumblehorn seemed to consider the offer before it took to the sky and headed off. The figure looked after the dragon as it flew away from the boat.

"Who is that?" Astrid asked from beside Hiccup. The voice made the figure turn. It was impossible to see her face because of the mask that covered her entire face. 

A big white figure landed on the side of the girl and fire appeared in its mouth. Hiccup knew immediately what dragon it was. The shape of the jaw and skull; the legs and tail that swung behind it, and the painfully obvious plasma blast it was holding in its mouth. 

"A Night Fury," Hiccup whispered.

The figure did some quick movements to the side of the dragon and made a movement with her hand. The dragon fired a blast that blinded both Hiccup and Astrid and they staggered back to try and get away if there was any danger. 

There were flapping wings above them and Hiccup heard Astrid scream for him before she threw him onto the ground. 

Hiccup regained his vision and saw to where he had just seen the girl. She wasn't there but he caught a glimpse of a silver, spiked tail and the sound of metallic wings could be heard as, whatever dragon that was, flew away.

Astrid helped Hiccup to his feet and they both dusted themselves off. 

"Who was that?" Astrid asked. Before Hiccup could answer Fishlegs could be heard flying over to them.

"Hiccup, did you see the dragon?" He asked excitedly. He jumped off Meatlug.

"Which one?" Hiccup asked.

"The Razorwhip," Fishlegs said excitedly.

"So that was what that was," Hiccup said while turning to where he saw the Razorwhip fly away. 

"It looked just like Windshear. Do you think it might be Heather?" Fishlegs asked hopefully.

Hiccup thought for a little bit, but Astrid beat him to it.

"If it is her she has to be working with someone, or for someone. The one we saw here didn't look like Heather at all, and I think she would at least consider talking to us. I am sorry Fishlegs, but I don't think it is her," Astrid said apologetically. Everybody knew the history Fishlegs had with Heather, and to see her again would most certainly be something he wanted to do. 

Fishlegs face fell a little, but then it was replaced by one of curiosity. "You asked me which dragon, what do you mean by that?" 

Hiccup smiled. "We saw a rider and a white Night Fury," he said and watched as Fishlegs face lit up again.

"A Night Fury, really?! That is awesome," he said while jumping up and down. 

"We should head back!" They all looked up to Valka. She was sitting on one of the masts beside Cloudjumper. "We need to get the few dragons we found home!" And with that, she jumped up on Cloudjumper and flew off. 

"You heard my mom, get the others and we fly home to berk," Hiccup said and clapped his hands.

Hiccup found Toothless and they all flew back to berk with the newcomers, but Hiccup could help but smile at the thought of more Night Furies. 

A/N: Hi everyone. So I hoped you all enjoyed this, I have more chapters coming and I would love if any of you give me some constructive criticism (be nice please). If I ever forget to update, please don't be afraid to comment and remind me.
Comments and votes are very much appreciated.
Hope you have a blessed day and remember: you are loved ❤.