Egg?

Frida felt the air ruffle her hair. The new leather saddle underneath her and the new leg in the contraption at her side felt amazing.

Hiccup had done a wonderful job. The whole thing was easy to use and he had even used both Shadow and Windshear's scales to make the tail. There was also a symbol on the tail (see image) that Hiccup had put on there as his personal touch.

"How are you liking the saddle?" Hiccup asked from beside her.

"It is amazing Hiccy," she said. He rolled his eyes at the nickname. She smirked and looked down at the ocean beneath her. "Say, is waterproof?" She asked.

"Yeah?" He responded though he seemed in doubt.

"Rider don't," Heather said.

Frida smirked as she looked over at Fishlegs. "Fishlegs, you want to see something cool?" She asked.

Fishlegs nodded excitedly.

"Sorry Heather, have to do what the audience wants," she said as she began to loosen up the contraption that held her leg.

Once her leg was loose, she looked down at the water below.

"Be safe," Heather said.

Frida smirked at her. "When have I ever not been?" She asked.

Heather raised her eyebrow. "You want me to answer that?"

Frida laughed before she slid off the saddle and fell to the water below. The wind ruffled her hair and the tickling in her stomach was long gone.

She looked in front of her and saw Shadow with his tongue sticking out. Frida looked own and saw the water rapidly approaching. She stiffened and hit the water.

She opened her eyes and looked around. The water was pretty dark. Frida located Shadow swam over to him and fixed her leg. They were about to go up for air when something moved under them.

Shadow swam towards it, but it ducked deeper and deeper into the water. Frida felt the pressure in her ears and around her eyes as Shadow kept going. His gills had appeared on his neck as he continued to swim further and further down.

Frida closed her eyes as he kept going and going. She suddenly felt him stop. She forced her eyes open and looked in front of her and saw... An egg?

They had reached the bottom and the pressure Frida felt was unbearable. She saw black spots in her vision as her lungs burned.

Something appeared in front of them. A slim dark figure with piercing green eyes swam in front of them.

It was a female Night Fury.

Shadow observed the female for a while before Frida gripped his ear fins. He seemed to understand what she wanted and shot up towards the surface.

They broke the water surface and Frida heaved for breath. She didn't know what was happening but she felt Shadow fly through the air. After a few seconds, she felt him land.

She opened the contraption on her leg and slid off Shadow. She expected to hit rocks or compact earth, but she landed on surprisingly soft ground. She felt around her and smooth grass met her fingers.

A ringing sound invaded her ears as she laid on the grass. She touched her face and brought her fingers up to her eyes. She was bleeding, probably from the pressure.

"Next time bud, remember you have some who can't breathe underwater with you," she said as she turned to her dragon. He was laying in the grass beside her with a guilty look on his face.

He licked her ear and she laughed. She heard a thud from beside her and quick footsteps. Someone sat down beside her and Frida knew who it was before she spoke.

"That was reckless! You could have died!" Heather shouted worriedly.

"His fault," Frida said while pointing to Shadow. He didn't protest.

"You are bleeding," Heather said as she began to while Frida's face with her sleeve. "Why did you go so far down anyways?" Heather asked.

"This one got entranced by a female," Frida said as she pet her dragon. He snorted.

"Well, hopefully, you will se her again. Just remember that Frida is often on your back Shadow, and I don't want to lose my girlfriend," Heather said as she laid down beside Frida.

There were a few other thumps and a few more footsteps that came their way.

"You look like a mess," Astrid said.

Frida gave her a thumbs up.

"How are you even alive? That much pressure should have killed you," Fishlegs said.

"I have done this many times. Don't worry," Frida said. "I am going to need a lot of rest."

Heather chuckled. "Let's go to the hut, that way you can get some sleep."

They all jumped up on their dragons and flew to their hut. It wasn't a long flight but Frida was tired when they arrived, and the sun was still up.

"We are going on a rescue mission, just in case you are wondering where we will be tonight," Hiccup said as he flew away with Fishlegs and Astrid.

Frida and Heather walked into the hut. Heather went to make some food while Frida stood by the stairs. She remembered how Valka had taken her aside to talk to her before they went out on their flight.

"What did Valka want to talk about?" She asked.

Heather looked up from what she was making. "She asked a little about my past. And a little about how I met you?" She said as she resumed making the food.

"Anything else?" Frida asked. She was still wary of the woman. If it was who she thought it was, she could easily tell Heather who she really was. And Frida preferred to be able to tell Heather herself, whenever that might be.

"Just if you have told me anything about who you were before we met. I told her that you have told me, but I wasn't about to tell her," Heather said without looking up from her cooking.

Frida nodded. "I am going to take a nap," she said as she walked up the stairs leaving Heather to the food.

She needed to find a way to tell Heather, but not right now. Right now, she needed a lot of sleep.

A/N: thank you all for the immense support on this book, it means a lot. I was thinking I might make a book on Frida's backstory, tell me if that is something you would like😁
Drink water and eat something if you haven't today.
There is at least one person out there that loves and appreciates you so keep going.
Comments, votes, and criticism are appreciated.
Again, thank you sooooooo much for all the love ❤️❤❤❤❤❤
Have a blessed day/night/afternoon.