Explain!

A/N: 800 reads!! Thank you!!❤❤💖

Slight trigger warning (or content warning) a little homophobic speech. Hope you still enjoy it though.

They quickly flew home, needing to get far away from there.

Heather kept glancing back to see if Frida would appear in the sky, healthy as ever and with a bright smile on her face.

But she never came.

Heather wasn't even sure if she was still alive. If she didn't get some magical treatment, she was going to die!

Heather shook her head to get rid of the thought. But it was inevitable to not think of. The chances of her being alive had to be below zero. If only Shadow hadn't flown away with her, then maybe she would be alive.

No one said anything as they continued to fly, but Heather felt all of their eyes on her. She shrunk under their gave and kept her head down until they landed.

"Well, guess we won't be needing this then," Gobber said as he gestured to a poorly made wooden cell.

"I led us right into his trap," Hiccup said.

"Yeah, nice work, Chief. Right, Ruff?" Tuffnut said.

His eyes suddenly got big as they moved to his side.

"Wait, where is Ruffnut?" Hiccup asked.

"We-we left her behind?!" Fishlegs asked distressed.

"How could you not notice she was missing? You ride a two-headed dragon," Astrid asked.

"Oh, yeah. I feel like how Ruffnut is every day... Dumb," Tuffnut said.

"Odin be spanked! This just gets better and better," Gobber said while throwing his arms in the air.

"I try to avoid looking at her because she gives me acid reflux," Tuffnut responded.

"There is no reason to beat yourselves up about this," Eret said. Heather braced herself for what was about to come. "It was a trap set by Grimmel, none of us could have predicted it. And with counting that he has Frida on his side makes it even more obvious. She is one of the evilest, ruthless..."

"Oh for Thor's sake shut up!" Heather shouted.

Everyone turned to her and she shrunk under their gaze.

Eret stepped up to her so he was right in her face.

"Very lovely of you to defend the enemy, Heather. Say, when we're you going to tell us that you were snogging her?" Eret asked.

Heather felt her cheeks go red. "She is not the enemy, and I didn't tell any of you because..." she trailed off. She wasn't about to be seen as weak in front of the whole village.

"Because of what? Hmm. Were you scared that you might be seen as an outcast? That they would execute you? What? What were you afraid of?!" Eret shouted.

"I was afraid my friends would abandon me or hurt the person I love most in this world!" Heather shouted. "I was never afraid of death because I know that she would save me from it. But if she were to be threatened I wouldn't be able to do that much about it. I am weaker than her, I admit that! But I want her to be safe, and if telling you all about the fact that she and I were a couple would put her in a danger I couldn't save her from, I wouldn't tell you. So I haven't told any of you because I didn't know how you would react! And for your information Eret, she isn't evil."

Heather breathed heavily as she finished talking. There was a huge crowd gathered around them, listening to them.

"How can you even love a girl?" Snotlout asked. "I mean, I understand how she could love you but you love her? She is sick in the head, that is clear, and she is ugly, but you are none of those things."

Inconsiderate as always. "She is not sick. She is complicated. She has had a complicated past. And you had a crush on her so don't give me the 'she is ugly,'" Heather said.

"Never had a crush on her," Snotlout said while crossing his arms and looking away.

Heather rolled her eyes. She looked around at all the Vikings around them. They were either talking amongst themselves or giving her dirty looks.

"Let us put this matter on hold," Hiccup said. "We have to get Ruffnut back somehow. I'll..." He was cut off by the sound of flapping wings.

They all looked up and saw two black figures land in front of them.

"Toothless!" Hiccup said happily as he ran over to his dragon and engulfed him in a hug. Toothless fell over from surprise but returned the hug as best as he could.

The female stood at a distance letting dragon and rider reunite. She looked up and caught Heather's eyes. She trotted over to her and sat down in front of her.

The dragon studied her features carefully and Heather felt intimidated by the beast. The female then carefully licked her cheek and laid down at her feet.

Heather just stood there, dumbfounded.

"We should go and get Ruffnut," Hiccup said as he pushed Toothless off him, it looked like they had been wrestling.

"That is not a good idea chief," Eret said. "Considering Grimmel knows we know where he is, he will have a plan. And that little lying, bitch will probably also be waiting, if she hasn't followed us."

Heather clenched her fists. "She didn't follow us," she said as she hugged her arms around herself and held back tears.

"And how do you know that?" Eret asked.

Heather felt the tears run down her face as she turned around. "Because she is probably dead," she said. It was almost a whisper, but loud enough for everyone to hear.

She walked away from the village, not wanting to answer any questions. She reached her spot on the cliff and sat down. Windshear came up to her and laid down beside her offering a little comfort.

"Heather?" She turned to see a worried Astrid come through the trees.

"Hi Astrid," Heather said as she whipped her eyes and nose with the back of her hand.

"What was that? The part where you said she was dead," Astrid asked while sitting down beside her and wrapping an arm around her.

"She got attacked by one of those dragons. It stabbed her. Blood was everywhere and I couldn't do anything about it. Shadow just flew off with her after you caught me. He is a dragon! He can't save her! What was he even thinking? There is no way she is surviving," Heather cried.

Astrid wrapped her arms around her and she sobbed into her chest. She couldn't believe that Frida might be gone for good. Not being able to hear her laugh, see her smile, comfort her, cuddle, joke around or fly in the early mornings.

"Maybe Shadow wanted her to spend the last time she had with him?" Astrid suggested. It didn't make Heather feel any better. "Or maybe he knows something we don't."

Heather sniffed and pulled away from Astrid. "I hope you are right," she said as she looked out towards the horizon, hoping that she would come flying towards them.

But she never came, and probably never would.

A/N: Hope you all enjoyed this, sorry if it doesn't look as complete as some of the others. I have a lot of school eight now and it is difficult to find time to write, but I will still try to post 3 chapters as usual.

Drink some water and eat some food! Also, remember to get enough sleep! Your body needs it!

There is one person out there that loves you and appreciates you being there with them ❤.

Have a blessed day/night/evening💖.

Love you all, and thank you all so much for the support. 🤗❤💖❤💖❤💖❤💖