Explaining

TW: Blood.

A/N: looooooong chapter ahead. The art is from Tumblr: duskish-dragon.

Frida was laying on top of Shadow, the blood gushing out of the wound in her side.

Why had he taken her away? Where was he bringing her? Was she ever going to see Heather again?

All of these questions swirled in her mind as she desperately clung to her dragon so she wouldn't fall off and drown.

"Where are you taking me?" She asked her dragon.

'To a place where you can be healed,' Shadow said as he continued to fly. Frida was too weak to answer him so she just let it happen.

They flew for what seemed like an hour before Shadow spoke again.

'Hold your breath,' he said.

Frida held her breath and tightened her trip on her dragon. The water engulfed her abruptly and she was tempted to take a breath but stopped herself.

Shadow when further and further down and Frida felt the painful pressure make itself known in her ears and around her eyes.

She carefully opened her eyes and almost gasped.

What was in front of her was a huge black cave in the bottom of the ocean. It was almost shaped like a dragon with a mouth wide open as the entrance.

Shadow flew towards it and entered through the mouth. All the water disappeared and Frida greedily gulped in the air. She looked around in the cave as Shadow flew in complete darkness. That was before his markings began to glow a bright purple.

"Cool," she said. The pain in her side suddenly made itself know again and she clutched it.

Shadow made a sound, making sure she knew that he was worried. She pet his side to let him know that she was fine.

They continued to fly in the darkness, but Frida could see light ahead. It was only a few more seconds before they flew into a big open room with hills and caves at the sides with hundreds of dragons laid there. Especially Night Furies.

They were of all different colors and sizes.

In the middle of the cave was a giant pool of lava with a few of the Furies taking a bath in it.

Shadow landed and Frida slid off him and hit the ground painfully. She sat up and leaned her head on Shadow's leg. She looked around and saw more and more dragons gathering around them.

Frida reached for the knives at her side but Shadow shook his head. She pulled her hand away and looked at the dragons around her.

They were all Night Furies. Some were big, others were small. Some were black while some were purple or green or any other color. But they all had one thing in common. They looked at Frida with disgust.

'Kill her.' She heard some say.

'Let's eat her.'

'Murderer."

'Dragon traitor.'

She could hear Shadow growl at all of them and tell them to back off.

There was a loud thud in front of them and everything turned silent.

Frida carefully looked up and could feel her heartbeat quicken.

In front of her stood a titan-wing Night Fury. It was clearly a male, and he was at least 100 feet tall. He had blue glowing markings all over his body, but the most noticeable was the one on his head and ear fins which resembled a crown. He had way more spikes than a normal dragon would have so he was clearly old.