I'm here

A/N: I love this photo of them, and I feel like it is good for the first part of this chapter.

"Astrid," Heather whispered as she shook the blonde.

The sun was barely up, but Heather was up and ready, wanting to get to Caldera Cay as fast as possible.

"Five more minutes," Astrid said in a gruff morning voice as she pulled the blanket over her head.

"No, we are leaving now," Heather said and pulled the blanket off Astrid and ran out of the hut, not wanting to be near the Viking when she let her anger out.

"I am going to kill you!" Astrid shouted, but Heather was already out of her hut.

Heather then went over to Eret's hut and opted for loudly and rapidly banging at the door to get his attention while saying: "Eret, Eret, Eret, Eret."

He eventually opened up the door. His hair was a mess and he had dark circles under his eyes.

"What?" He asked while rubbing his eyes.

"Get ready, we are leaving," Heather said and walked away.

"The sun isn't even up!" Eret shouted after her.

"No, but it will be by the time you and Astrid are ready. Now hurry up, I don't know how long my brother can keep his wife from killing my girlfriend," Heather said.

She waited for them both at the same grassy hill that she had stood on a little over 3 weeks ago when this all started. She had a backpack slung over her shoulder with clothes and some food for the journey. She also had a little box that she really hoped she would be able to open soon.

Astrid and Eret came just as the sun was coming up. The sky was a beautiful orange color and Heather couldn't help but admire it.

Astrid took Heather into a choking grip and began to painfully rub her scalp with her knuckles.

"Ow-ow-ow," Heather complained as she tried to get out of the blond's grip.

"That is what you get for waking me up so freaking early," Astrid said and let her go. Heather rubbed her head. "I know you are excited but please, be a little considerate."

Heather smiled shyly and rubbed her neck. "Sorry."

Astrid waved her off before jumping onto Stormfly. Heather and Eret did the same with their own dragons and they were off.

Caldera Cay was a whole day's flight away, so when they reached the volcano island, it was dark and they were all tired.

They landed and were greeted by Dagur and Mala.

"Sis!" Dagur greeted as he came over and engulfed her in a bone-crushing hug the second she slid off her dragon.

Heather laughed as best as he could while the wind was being squeezed out of her lungs.

"Nice to meet you too," Heather managed. He finally set her down and she leaned on Windshear for support.

"Heather?" Mala asked. Heather nodded. "You came quickly. I hope you can bring her out as fast as possible as well, I don't want her in my village."

Heather nodded again.

"I will show you guys to your temporary homes," Dagur said and went to wrap his arm around Heather's shoulders when she held a hand up. She took out the cane and leaned her weight on it. "What happened?"

"Injured in battle, Frida saved me," Heather said as she tried to calm her brother who sounded quite worried.

"Well, I hope you can relax while you are here. And I wish anyone that hurt you a slow death," Dagur said while cracking his knuckles.