Flying

"Just draw Toothless, but in white," Hiccup said to Fishlegs as he came up for the third time.

"Why didn't you just say that?" Fishlegs complained as he walked back to the desk to start over.

"How do you even kno' how that dragon looked anyways?" Gobber asked as he walked through the shop.

"I could see enough to know it looked like Toothless, and the white scales can be explained because the rider was wearing white armor," Hiccup said to Gobber as he continued to work on his sword.

They hadn't seen the rider in a few months, but they had gotten a lead to a ship with trapped dragons in the area that was coming tonight. If this rider was any good, she would be there, and her companion would probably be there too, hopefully.

"When are we leaving for this dangerous mission?" Snotlout asked as he walked in. He was dressed in his red scale armor and was particularly sassy.

"It is just patroling," Astrid responded from where she sat beside Hiccup, not taking her eyes off the ax she was sharpening.

"You really don't need to wear the armor Snotlout. It will just slow you down," Hiccup said as he finished with his sword and put it in his belt.

"I know, but I look more handsome in this," he said while posing; chest out and hands on his hips.

Hiccup tried to hold in a laugh as he looked to Astrid, she was also trying her best not to laugh but she looked mostly annoyed. Hiccup knew Snotlout tried to get with most ladies he found attractive, but they hadn't even seen the rider's face.

"You know she might try to kill you, right?" Astrid asked Snotlout.

"Please," he said while running a hand through his hair. "As if anyone would want to kill this beautiful face." He bit his lower lip as he looked into the distance.

"I know I would," Astrid whispered to Hiccup. He burst out laughing at that. Snotlout seemed to get offended and walked out of the shop.

After a few minutes of preparing, the whole gang was ready to leave. When they were in the air they flew for a few minutes before they reached the seas. Then, they split up into teams of two. Astrid and Hiccup, Snotlout and Fishlegs, and Ruffnut and Tuffnut.

"Which way do we take?" Snotlout asked.

"You take the north," Hiccup said. "Ruffnut Tuffnut, you guys take east. Astrid and I will take west." Hiccup sent the others in those directions because he knew that the Night Fury had most likely gone west.

"If you see the rider, don't engage. We don't want to scare her away. Follow her and find out where she is staying," Astrid said. Everybody nodded.

"But if she attacks us?" Fishlegs asked.

"Defend yourselves, but don't hurt them," Hiccup said.

"Can't promise anything," Ruffnut said.

"Yeah, if she attacks there is going to be a big explosion," Tufnutt said while rubbing his hands together with an evil smile on his face.

"Knock her out, that is as far as I will let you go. But for Thor's sake, don't hurt the dragon," Hiccup said.

The twins reluctantly agreed.

They split up and flew in their designed direction. Hiccup kept a close eye around him to try and see if he could see the rider and the Night Fury.

"Do you see anything Hiccup?" Astrid asked from his side.

"No," Hiccup answered. Just as he said it, though, a figure appeared above him. He looked up to see a figure that was slightly larger than Toothless, but it was as if one with the white clouds. Hiccup caught a glimpse of a silver tailpiece that was almost identical to the one he had made for Toothless.

He felt his heartbeat rapidly against his rib cage. They might actually be able to interact with her.

"Astrid," he whispered. Astrid looked at him and he pointed upwards. She gasped once she saw it.

"What should we do?" She asked fear etched across her features.

"Just stay as you are. We might see where she is going," Hiccup said.

The dragon above them hadn't noticed them, it seemed. It flew calmly through the clouds, but Hiccup couldn't seem to identify where the rider was. It seemed weird that it would be without a rider considering the tailpiece. She couldn't be far.

Suddenly something fell from the dragon's back and Hiccup's heart jumped to his throat. It fell downwards at an incredible speed. It was the rider, but she didn't seem unconscious.

"Hiccup," Astrid said from beside him. "We should help her, she might drown."

Hiccup didn't think she would reach the water so he wasn't scared. "If she is anything like us, she has a trick up her sleeve," he said.

Suddenly, the dragon dived after the rider and Hiccup felt fear tear at his chest. None of them seemed to have a motive to stop any time soon, but they didn't look unconscious.

"Hiccup," Astrid said again.

"I bet they have a plan, maybe she can swim," Hiccup offered but it did little to calm Astrid.

Both of them watched with worry as the rider and dragon grew closer and closer to the water.

"That is it, I am going after them," Astrid said as she and Stormfly dived after them.

"No!" Hiccup screamed after her but dived after her anyway.

There was a splash and both Hiccup and Astrid stopped. Rings appeared in the water where the two had clearly landed. Hiccup could barely make out a big white figure going down, but it was quickly gone.

"What just happened?" Astrid asked, but before anything could happen, something flew out of the water a few feet away from them. It was the Night Fury and on top sat the rider.

Hiccup felt his heart leap with joy that the rider and dragon were safe. The rider looked back at Hiccup and Astrid before the dragon zoomed away.

Hiccup and Astrid didn't say anything, they just watched the rider fly away.

"That was cool," Astrid said.

Hiccup scoffed. "I think that they realized that we were coming after them. But yeah, it was cool."

"How did she even do that?"

"I don't think it is that difficult to get on your dragon in the water Astrid," Hiccup said.

"Yeah I know that, but she got so far ahead. I didn't think Night Furies could go that fast underwater," she said.

"Neither did I," Hiccup said. He then looked down at Toothless. "Can you do that bud?" He asked his dragon. Toothless shook his head so his ear fins almost slapped Hiccup in the face.

"We should head back before it gets dark. We need all the rest we can get for the mission tonight," Astrid said. Hiccup nodded and together they flew back to Berk.

A/N: I hope whoever is reading this enjoyed it. Constructive criticism is appreciated (be nice please.) Comments and votes are also highly appreciated and I will probably respond to your comment.
Remember that you are loved, you matter and you are appreciated.
Drink some water if you haven't, and have a nice day.