30. P4L

CHAPTER THIRTY
( ! P4L ! )

MARLEY WATCHED AS Pope chopped at the large tree in John Bs backyard

MARLEY WATCHED AS Pope chopped at the large tree in John Bs backyard. He was making a flat surface for JJ to use a hot metal rod and write some words for John B.

Marley missed him. She missed their banter and back and forths. She missed adventuring in the Twinkie and most of all she just missed him.

Marley missed Sarah as well. She had never expected to have a good relationship with her cousin, but right as it happened Sarah was taken away.

She just wanted them both back.

Marley watched silently as JJ burned words into the large tree, her lip trembling as she saw the finished product.

2003                              2020
JOHN B ROUTLEDGE
P4L

JJ walked backwards a bit and wrapped his arm around Marleys shoulders. He lifted his other hand up, holding a flask. "To John B."

Kie slowly looked up, a painful look plastered on her face. "And to Sarah." JJ drank from his flask and pope took a swig of beer. JJ looked down a bit at Marley, offering the flask.

She quickly shook her head no before going back to looking at the monument. JJ pulled her closer and Marley wrapped her arms around his waist.

Kie closed the box she was holding. The group had taken many of John Bs things and decided to bury them. They didn't have his body, so his things would have to do.

Kie bent down and placed the box in the hole they had earlier created. Everyone else bent down, Pope put white flowers on the box, and they began burying the box in the ground.

The group stayed at John Bs place for a while and it began growing dark. Marley had her head on JJs shoulder as she watched him carve a stick with his switchblade while Kie and Pope laid in the hammock just looking at the other.

Marley hadn't been in a very talkative mood all day, but neither had the others so it worked out.

MICHAEL HAD GONE with Ward and the rest of the Cameron's to Peterkins funeral. Michael had asked Marley to come, but she refused. She had liked Peterkin, but she wasn't going to surround herself with a murderer and a family of liars.

Berkley had offered to stay back as well, keep her older sister company. But Marley had told her sister to spend time with Wheezie.

So now Marley found herself in the second biggest house on Figure Eight, alone. She hated it there. Everyday she had to go home and remember her mom was on the other side of the island struggling to get by day to day. The same with her friends, minus Kie. She hated having so much while they had so little.