06. the lighthouse

CHAPTER SIX
( ! the lighthouse ! )

MARLEY WAS SAT in the back of John Bs van

MARLEY WAS SAT in the back of John Bs van. they were on their way towards the lighthouse after they took some time to settle down.

she was leant against jj as his arm rested around her shoulders. pope was next to them looking at the compass, john b was driving, and kie was up sitting next to him.

"i mean, it's obvious, right? a family heirloom. what better place to hide a message? he had to know it was gonna get back to me, right?" questions john b as marley sighs and kie responds, "yeah. it's possible."

"it could also be possible that you're concocting wild theories to help, you know, deal with your sad feels." kie gives pope a look after his comment.

"bro, you know how i process my sad feels. dank nugs and the stickiest of ickies, that's how i do it," states jj as marley nods in agreement before giving the boy a high five.

"i'm not concocting, okay? my dads trying to give me a message." argues john b, not willing to believe anything else.

"if it helps you believe, john b," replies kie as john b looks at the girl, "look, i- i don't need a therapy session, okay? look, i'm not trippin' out."

"it's okay to trip, bro, but-"

"look, my- my dad is missing, okay? missing." sighs john b as marley looks at jj and shrugs. she knew he'd never give up on finding his dad and she could understand why.

"you don't know what it's like to have the person closest to you vanish and then have no idea what happened. just wake up every morning wondering."

kie leans towards the boy, "it's been almost a year." he looks at kie as jj sighs and trys to lighten the mood, "hey, he could have been kidnapped. that's definitely a possibility."

"yeah, could be in a soviet sub getting interrogated by the KGB somewhere," adds pope as jj replies, "absolutely. uh... or atlantis."

"guys shut up," sighs marley as kie looks at john b, "look, what do you think the message is?"

"redfield," they pass the redfield lighthouse sign, "redfield lighthouse. that's my dads favorite place."

john b parks the van outside a fence that surrounds the lighthouse and everyone hops out to look at said lighthouse.

john b turns to jj, "right. you're gonna post up and look out for bogeys, okay?" jj looks around, "wait... why me?"

"because you're not coming," sighs pope as jj looks at the boy, "why?" pope sighs, ""look jj, there are independent and dependent variables. and you're an independent variable, we don't know what you'll do."

"shut up! you shut up!" shouts jj looking at pope as the two get into an argument. marley sighs before shouting over the boys, "oh my god, both of you shut it! i'll stay out with jj and play babysitter."