25. on the run

CHAPTER TWENTY
( ! on the run ! )

MARLEY WAS LAYING on the floor of Kies family restaurant asleep with jjs arms wrapped around her

kie looked at the two and smiled a bit before kicking marleys side softly to wake her up. the girl just turned a bit into her boyfriend as she continued to sleep making kie sigh and kick the girl harder.

"ouch," complained marley as she turned to look at kie. jj stirred awake before tucking his head into the crook of marleys neck. kie laughed a bit at the girl, "you didn't wake up when i lightly kicked you."

"yeah but couldn't you have like shook me or something?"

kie just shrugged before walking off as jj wrapped his arms tightly around marleys waist. the girl smiled at jj before kissing the top of his head and trying to move.

"no you're warm." mumbled jj as he pulled the girl even closer, if that was possible. marley chuckled a bit before seeing pope looking at the duo with sad eyes.

she knew all about what had happened between pope and kie and she now felt kinda bad for accidentally showing off her relationship when he didn't get the one he had been hoping for.

marley mumbled into jjs ear, "bubba pope is watching and i feel bad... we can cuddle later." jj nodded in understanding before letting marley get up and run off towards kie.

jj quickly got up and went to lean against one of the restaurants walls and stare outside. pope soon joined the boy as the two girls sat a bit farther away.

jj turned to pope, "he's pinched for sure, man." pope took a look outside, still hearing sirens, "no. they wouldn't still be patrolling if they caught him."

"let's hope." responds jj as kie sighs, "you know, we were in that car. they're probably looking for us, too." both boys look at kie before pope quickly turns away.

"well, if we're gonna be outlaws, we might as well help john b." pope walked away from jj as jj questioned, "so, find him before they do? pope?"

pope grabbed a set of keys, "i'm gonna get gas for the boat." "hey, you be careful. okay?" questioned kie as pope just stared down the girl. marley walked over to jj and the boy rested his hand on her back.

pope turned towards the couple, "meet me at the dock at three. don't be late." pope then quickly left as jj, marley, and kie gave each other looks before kie went to follow the boy out.

marley and jj slowly followed to hear part of what kie had said, "look, i'm sorry that i hurt your feelings." pope just looked at the girl as he revved the engine, "what was that?"

"look, i didn't mean to." stated kie as pope revved the engine once again, "sorry, i can't hear you. what was that?"

"pope, i'm being serious- i'm trying to talk to you!" yelled kie trying to talk over the revving of the engine before pope sped off.

kie watched the boy leave as marley turned to jj and whispered, "if you're ever upset with me, please just yell if you have to instead of doing that."

"roger that babe." chuckled jj, trying to ease some of the tension that pope left, as kie turned around. the group suddenly heard the sound of a helicopter and looked up.

"who the hell is that?" asks jj as they watch the helicopter go over them. "i don't know, but i'm not so sure i want to find out." replied marley as she walked back into the restaurant, followed closely by jj.

the three decided to start collecting some food for john b and sarah to have once they are away from everything. kie and marley were going through the kitchen and handing random foods that wouldn't spoil to jj as kie told jj about what had happened between her and pope the night prior.

"you sure he wasn't just being weird pope?" asks jj kie quickly responds, "it wasn't really the kind of thing that needed interpretation."

marley and kie both handed jj some more food as marley questioned, "is that gonna be enough food for them?" jj looks up at the girl, "i mean, for a couple of weeks, and that's all they need, so..."

"look, i think i actually hurt his feelings." frowns kie as she leaves the kitchen, marley following behind. "look, don't beat yourself up too much." sighs marley as jj nods, "yeah, he's completely changed his feels. the past twenty-four hours have been like jekyll and hyde."

the three walk towards kies car as kie informs, "i hate to admit it, but i miss the old pope. at least i knew what to expect from him."

marley nodded in agreement, "yeah and i was able to get high. now that he's getting high i have to be responsible and shit." the two besides her smile a bit at how high on the list of importance getting high is for the girl.

even if she wasn't trying, marley was always able to make the mood of the group a bit lighter.

"where have you been?" questions miss anna, kies mom, who comes out of nowhere. marley looks at the lady shocked, not expecting her to be there.

"uh- i'm fine. i slept here." replies kie as her mother scolds, "well, we were up half the night, scared to death, lookin' for you. we even went to both marleys parents houses, her dad hasn't seen her in a few days. were you even gonna tell us?"

kie looks at her mom, "well i'm telling you now." miss anna catches a glimpse of jj and marley, "what the hell are you three up to?"

"i'm sorry, miss anna, we gotta go." sighs jj as kie says a sorry and miss anna counters, "no. i'm sorry. absolutely not. have you heard what's going on?"

the three begin to get into kies car as kie sighs, "mom, i'll explain later."

"have you seen the storm? this is not safe!"

"i'm sorry, mom. i have to go!"

"these cops are armed, kiara. you're gonna get yourself shot." freaks miss anna as jj and marley sit in the car quietly as kie and her mom continue to yell over each other.

"i am not letting you do this!" yells miss anna as kie yells back, "mom, john b needs me!" they continue to yell as kie shuts the door in her moms face.

miss anna begins begging for kie to open the door while kie cries out apology after apology before she starts the car.

miss anna try's to chase after the car a bit before screaming out to her daughter as they drive away.

AUTHORS NOTE!if anyone can find me a better word that sighs i'd appreciate it because i use that as a descriptor way to much

AUTHORS NOTE!
if anyone can find me a better word that sighs i'd appreciate it because i use that as a descriptor way to much.

should i add some flashback chapters? like i'd add them in between the chapters i've written already and they would be like when she met pope or her parents divorce or when sarah told her to leave her alone for ever. what do y'all think?

anyways vote and comment! <3