21. pope gets high

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
( ! pope gets high ! )

MARLEY WAS STANDING around with kie, pope, and jj at a junkyard sort of place while they waited for john b

they all suddenly heard a plane in the air and looked up to see the plane ward and sarah were suppose to be in, flying away.

the gold was gone and all the work they did was for nothing.

"there goes the gold." grunts pope as jj cusses, "shit!" before he kicks a chair and breaks it. marley goes to comfort her boyfriend when pope suddenly throws something as he yells out, "fuck!"

everyone jumps a bit, not expecting that from the boy as kie shouts, "pope!" he suddenly grabs a bat, "god damn it!" and begins wacking anything he sees as he continues to shout profanities.

he causes a lot of glass and other stuff to break as his friends all jump back a bit from the boy with each hit.

pope continues his rampage as marley, jj, and kie all look at each other worried. pope hits a trash can before lifting it up and throwing it as far as he can.

the trash can makes a loud banging noise as the other three jump again. "pope!" exclaims kie as pope breathes in deeply and begins hyperventilating.

"pope, breath please." asks marley as she sees his far to quick breaths. she knew all about what hyperventilating could turn into and didn't want her friend going through that.

pope then sits down as he continues to struggle to breath, his face contorting and making it look like he was going to cry.

"pope." sighs kie before getting a bit closer to the boy and looking around at the damage he made. "yeah, dude." jj begins walking towards his friend as marley goes to stand by kie.

"i was wondering when this was gonna happen." continues jj as the girls give him a look. he holds out his vape as an offer to pope.

"here you go, chief." speaks jj. "jj, stop." sighs marley as jj looks between the girl and pope, "a little weed never hurt no one."

he looks at his girlfriend, "and why are you telling me to stop? you smoke all the time." marley crosses her arms, "yeah well, he doesn't."

"jj." states kie as jj rolls his eyes, "relax kie." "like mar said, you know he doesn't smoke." explains kie before pope grabs the vape.

marley looks at the boy worried, "pope if this is for all the times jj and i messed with you about not smoking, please don't start taking us seriously now."

"maybe he doesn't smoke until today." sighs jj as he sits next to pope. "pope." states kie as pope stares at the vape before she continues, "yeah, what is that gonna help?"

pope looks at the girl as his voice breaks, "i lost my scholarship. walked out in the middle of the interview. every- it's gone. it's not gonna happen."