22. the stowaway

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO
( ! the stowaway ! )

MARLEY SAT IN the very back of Kies car leaning on jj

MARLEY SAT IN the very back of Kies car leaning on jj. the group had been waiting a little bit for john b to return.

jj was playing with marleys hair, pope continued to try and be cool by smoking (at least that's how marley saw it), and kie was sitting in the drivers seat worried.

they all suddenly heard yelling and turned to see john b running towards the car, cops on his tail. "kie! start the car! start the car, kie!"

kie looks at the boy scared and confused, "what? john b? john b what did you do?" john b quickly hops into the car as he screams, "the cops!"

everyone's yelling as deputy plumb grabs onto the open window of the car. "kie, drive! go!" screams jj as kie screams back, "i'm going! i'm sorry!"

kie quickly takes off, deputy plumb still holding onto the car and running with it. behind them is another deputy chasing after the car, yelling for them to stop.

"what did you do?" screams kie as pope looks at john b, "open it." john b quickly open the car door and it hits deputy plumb, sending her to the ground.

"oh my god!" screams marley in shock. they had just assaulted a police officer.

jj looks at marley silently asking if she's okay. she just gives him a small smile to indicate she's fine before the boy turns back around to face the front.

the group continues to drive in silence. jjs hand never leaving marleys as everyone just looks at each other in shock and fear.

suddenly marley has a painful realization, "guys, we can't go home. it's too dangerous and it's the first place they'd look." everyone looks at the girl sad, all knowing she's right.

jj pulls her into his chest in a tight hug as marley immediately wraps her arms around his waist. she wouldn't be able to see her sister and that hurt.

IT WAS THE next morning and the kids were all trying to hide in kies car, which was parked at some random pit stop.

"good news for residents of the outer banks. dominion power says their underwater transmission line, with will restore power to ninety percent of the area... should be functional within twenty-four hours." explains the radio as a cop cars went by.

"and still, no arrest in the shooting death of sheriff susan peterkin. the state police have issued a statement regarding a local person of interest, a juvenile from-" before the radio can finish, kie quickly shuts it off and the group is submerged in silence.

"let's game this out. maybe you guys can help, being the smart ones and all, but... who are the cops doing to believe? ward cameron or us? the only leverage we have is that someone related to ward could speak against him, but they still could just assume she's lying for her friend. so the accuser is a big shot developer, kind of lord of the island, got the governor on speed dial kind of person, and the accused... is john b, who is... pretty much a homeless sixteen-year-old boy at the moment." explains jj.

"thanks."

"yucatan, all right? i'm saying that's the only option. what other option do you have?" asks jj as john b sighs, "jj, enough with the mexico bullshit. sarah will bail me out."

"she did witness the whole thing." agrees kie as john b states a thank you. "she's gonna snitch on her brother?" asks pope as he looks at marley who shrugs, "her and rafe dont always get along, but i don't know if she'd snitch on him or not."

"not happening, bro. okay? we've gotta get you off the island." explains jj as he sits up before passing his cigarette to marley, who quickly takes a hit.

she hadn't smoked in a few days and it felt good to have her stress reliever back. some would say she had an addiction, and she probably wouldn't argue.

"the ferry. it's the only way." states pope as jj nods, "yeah, exit stage left while you still can. before the entire island is on lockdown."

marley hears sirens approaching and pushes jj back down, "guys, get down." they all stay down as the cop car goes by and pope states, "sarah's not a pogue, john b."

"yeah. you can't stay here, man." agrees jj as he fully lays back down and turns away from john b.

jjs seat was fully leaned back and marley was sat in the very very back of the car where people store their extra stuff behind the seats. she moved her fingers through jjs hair as they all just continued to wait, hoping, no, praying that this would all just go away.

AUTHORS NOTE!ew wait this is actually so short

AUTHORS NOTE!
ew wait this is actually so short. oh well, that just means more chapters to come.

i hope you're enjoying the story and it is just going to keep getting crazier as we go! i'm getting excited to write the finally and everything before that because i have some ideas.

now here are some questions.

how's your day going?

favorite color?

favorite outer banks character?

least favorite outer banks character?

if you could have a supper power what would it be?

do you like sweet or sour?

answer the questions if you want but don't forget to vote, comment, and share! <3