12. midsummers

CHAPTER TWELVE
( ! midsummers ! )

MARLEY WAS SAT on her bed next to kie who had come over to hang out before they had to part ways and each get ready for midsummers

midsummers was a yearly party hosted at the cameron house that all kook club members attended. the only time someone from the cut was able to come was if they were working.

marleys dad made a big deal out of the event, wanting to make sure people knew he was the brother of ward cameron. so, the household would always walk in with the cameron's to make an entrance.

"i can't believe we have to go to midsummers," complained kie as marley nodded. kie was known to hate having to dress up and pretend to be someone she's not.

"i mean, we do it every year," replied marley as kie sighed, "i know! but it's stupid and useless. it is just another way for the rich to show off that they are rich while the poor get it shoved in their faces that they are poor."

a sudden knock was heard from marleys door and the two girls looked up to see victoria, or marleys stepmom, smiling at them.

"you girls talking about all the fun we will have at midsummers?" questioned the older women as marley tried not to roll her eyes. it wasn't completely victoria's fault that the younger girl didn't like her, marley just didn't enjoy the fake smile and the need to look perfect victoria had.

victoria also wasn't the kindest when talking about marleys mother or friends, which had an affect on marleys view on the women.

"we were actually talking about why we don't like it," replied marley already bored of the women in front of her being there.

victoria just let out a sickly sweet laugh and stepped in the room, before joining the girls on the bed, "what's not to like? we get to socialize with all our friends and have a grand old time!"

marley had to try and stop the massive eye roll that wanted to happen as kie tried to smile, "i guess we just don't really like many of the people who attend the party, we'd rather be with our friends."

victoria's persona dropped for a second before she smiled again, "why would you rather hang out with street trash than your own people?"

marley sighed, annoyed by the conversation, "goodbye victoria." victoria smiled at the girl before standing up and walking out.

marley looked at kie, "i hope you now see why i don't like her. she sends those comments at me all the time and they get into my dads head and he's started to believe it more and more."

kie looks at the girl in sympathy, that being the first time victoria has said a comment like that around kie.

after a few more hours, kie had to leave to go home and get ready. once kie was gone, marley went back up to her room to take a shower.