11. fight behind the screen

CHAPTER ELEVEN
( ! fight behind the screen ! )

MARLEY WAS WALKING towards the crowd of people who were setting up to watch the movies

john b hadn't shown up so the group decided to just get seats and enjoy themselves. the movies were always showed on the kooks side of the island so marley noticed jj and pope were tense.

kie smiles at her friends, "i'm so glad that they're still doing this. keep calm. carry on. back to obx life."

marley smiled with a nod agreeing with her friend while the two boys stayed more uncharacteristically quiet.

kie looked at the boys, "you know? aren't you guys glad that I made you come?"

the boys looked between each other while marley laughed, "that's what she said." kie gave the girl a joking glare while jj high-fived her.

"ecstatic," replied pope after a second. "my couch was pretty comfy, i'll be honest," added jj as marley rolled her eyes at the boys before she and kie began to make their way towards the beverages while the boys talked and set the chairs up.

marley and kie had their arms interlocked as they made it fully to the man selling the beverages. "hey, uh... can we get two pepsi's, please?" questioned kie as the guy nodded.

kie began getting out her money when the girls heard, "hey cous, kie," they turned to see rafe coming towards them, "hey, what's up? how are you girls?"

they both rolled their eyes before marley replied, "we are fine, rafe." "good, good. um... tell your boy that we know what he did."

the girls looked at each other confused. "sorry, what boy are you talking about?" kie looked at rafe as he responded, "uh, he'll know."

"um excuse me? rafe are you high or something?" rafe rolled his eyes at his cousin, "just tell him."

the girls grabbed the drinks and gave rafe one last look before they began walking off.

"bye."

marley and kie rolled their eyes as marley stated, "dumbass." while kie stated, "douche."

they went back over to pope and jj and looked at the boys confused as kie explained, "we just saw rafe, and he said, and i quote, "tell your boy that we know what he did."

kie handed each boy his drink as she continued, "what is that?" pope looked to jj very scared as jj swallowed, "um... where is he?"

marley pointed behind them, "right there." all four of them looked back at the trio in the back. topper and kelce now with rafe as they stared the group down.

marley looked at her cousin very confused before watching jj push popes head back around as pope stated, "great, the whole death squad."

"don't stare bro," replied jj as kie took her seat and marley took her seat, which happened to be in between jjs legs.