27. the phantom

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN
( ! the phantom ! )

MARLEY HOPPED OUT of Kies car once they made it to where the phantom was being held

when jj jumped out, marley quickly brought the boy into a hug. he was quick to hug back even if he was a tad confused as to why they were hugging, but he wasn't complaining.

"i was really worried about you." mumbles marley into jjs shoulder. jj sighs as he rests a hand on her head soothingly, "i know, i'm sorry. but i'm okay and everything's gonna be okay."

marley nods her head as she unlatches herself from jjs person.

jj heads towards the sliding metal door before sliding it open to reveal the phantom. kie looks at the boat unimpressed as jj smiles, "there she is. hey, girl. a 1983 formula 402 SR1. the phantom."

jj turns towards the girl as kie just shrugs before jj continues, "the first boat to make the run to bermuda in under sixteen hours. forty years old! forty. and still the fastest thing that kildare ever seen."

"it's kind of a junker." states kie trying to be honest. jj looks at the girl upset, "really? she's right there, kie."

"i love your girlfriend jj, she seems great." jokes marley as kie laughs. jj looks at marley a bit betrayed for joining in on joking about the boat.

"she can hear you. let's just put it this way. you would not be smokin' weed right now if she never existed, okay?" explains jj as marleys eyes light up, "well then i really love your girlfriend."

"she isn't my girlfriend."

marley laughs a bit as kie continues to look unimpressed, "i just hope it runs." "oh, no, she'll run all right. she's faster than any cutters the boys in blue got." states jj as the group hears a motorcycle coming towards them, they all assume it's pope.

kie goes to get the boy, "pope. finally." she runs to the side of the boat but unexpectedly sees rafe come into view, "hey, there. what's goin' on? jj? marley jeen? how you guys doin'?"

rafe jumps on the boat as marley hears a whistle from behind her. she turns around to see barry, "well, well..."

barry pulls out a gun and aims it right at jjs chest. marley is quick to go in front of the boy before he pushes her back behind him and raises his hands while kie grabs marley.

"see, don't think i forgot about me and you on the side of the road. im here because i want my motherfuckin' money." states barry before he begins punching jj. both girls are quick to run to the boys aid before rafe grabs them both and pulls them back.

barry shoves jjs head on the ground as kie begins to fight with rafe and marley slips away and runs over to barry and jj.

marley quickly goes behind barry and kicks him in the back of his knee, making him collapse a bit to the floor.