17. pawn the gold

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
( ! pawn the gold ! )

MARLEY LAUGHED AS JJ held her over his shoulder

MARLEY LAUGHED AS JJ held her over his shoulder. she playfully slapped his back as a way to tell him to put her down because she was unable to speak with how much she was laughing.

the two were sent to grab the gold but where more invested in each other at the moment. jj finally set the girl down when he knew no one could see them and slammed his lips onto hers.

she smiled as she kissed the boy before pulling away, "we have a job to do." jj looked at marley with a pout before laying his hands at her shorts as she put hers on his hips.

"what if we just stay here forever?" questioned the boy and while the girl took it as a joke, part of him really wanted to just stay in the moment forever.

"i'd love too, but then everyone would be mad at us so we need to go grab the gold." replied marley as she quickly kissed jjs lips once more before ducking under his grasp and going to grab the gold.

jj was quick to run after the girl and wrap an arm around her waist as they walked towards the gold. the group had been able to collect three pieces before mrs. crain began shooting at them and they wanted to pawn them off.

marley grabbed the gold in her hands before jj took it and ran. marley laughed to herself and quickly chased after the boy until he began walking. she walked next to him as he threw down the gold in front of sarah and kie, who had both been staring at pope and john b.

"kie! this better work." stated jj as he and marley stood in front of kie and sarah. "we can't pawn this if there's a giant wheat symbol on it." continued the boy as kie picked up the torch they'd be melting the gold down with.

"it's gonna work."

kie, jj, pope, and marley all had safety goggles on as they watched kie torch down the gold. john b and sarah sat off to the side together just watching.

pope and jj high-fived as kie and marley chuckled to each other. the boys had been goofing around and it was very amusing to watch. the two boys did the groups handshake as the girls continued the hard work.

the group quickly pulled up to the pawn shop and they all got out as jj began to complain, "hell of a job melting it down, dr. frankenstein."

"like you could've done any better." replied kie before jj responded, "i could have done much better. i took a welding class."

kie made a face and looked at jj annoyed, "when?" john b quickly got between the two, "woah, woah. hey. sh! chill out, okay?"

jj scoffed, "easy for you to say. you're not the one that has to pawn this piece of shit off. how did i get this job anyways?"

marley scoffed, "jj we were both put on this job, not just you." pope decided to answer jjs question, "because you and marley are the best liars."

marley turned to pope, "i'm taking that as a compliment even if that's not how it was meant."