14. skeeters

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
( ! skeeters ! )

MARLEY WOKE UP the next morning in her bed to see her dad sitting on a chair in her room

MARLEY WOKE UP the next morning in her bed to see her dad sitting on a chair in her room. the girl had snuck in the night prior, not in the mood to chat with her father.

marley sighed before sitting up and looking at her dad. her dad looked back at the girl, "we were worried sick, you know." marley sighed as she ran her hand through her hair, "i'm sorry."

"you know we only want what's best for you, right?" marley nodded her head, not exactly in the mood to chat with her dad. "yeah dad, i know. you and the step monster want me happy."

"marley jeen what have i said about calling her your step monster? victoria is nothing but nice to you and berkley." that statement made marley roll her eyes, "dad she's always talking shit about my friends and mom."

"well maybe she is right," replied marleys dad making marley scoff. of course he'd take victoria's side instead of marleys.

"did you need something?" questioned marley fully over this conversation. her father nodded, "yeah i wanted to talk to you about your friends. victoria and i spoke, and we believe it would be best if you stopped handing around them."

marley just laughed, "you're kidding, right? you don't seriously think that just because you don't like them that i'll stop hanging out with my best friends, do you?"

"we just want what's best for you sweet-"

"no dad. you don't. if you did, we wouldn't be having this conversation. i left a party early, it is not that big of a deal." marleys dad scoffed at her response, "you don't seriously think that i'm dumb enough not to know about all the drugs and alcohol you bring in this house, do you? your friends are horrible influences! marley jeen your sister is thirteen and doesn't need you always running around high."

"okay, first of all, don't bring her into this please. berkley has nothing to do with this conversation and i'm old enough to know my body and make my own choices about it," replied marley as her dad sighed, he could tell he wouldn't be getting through to his daughter.

"marley jeen you won't be hanging around your little pogue friends anymore, do you understand?" marley just laughed, "you can't tell me who i can and can't hang out with dad. i've tried your lifestyle, but i'm always gonna be drawn to the people who have been there for me since day one. most kooks don't even like me."

marleys dad frowned at his daughters response, "of course they do honey! you just have to give them a chance." marley scoffed, "dont you think i tried? the only people who aren't self obsessed and really get me are my friends, can't you understand that? i don't want new people when i already have my people."

marley watched her father sigh as he ran a hand down his face. he looked at his daughter, "okay."

she looked at him confused, "okay?" he just nodded his head, "yeah, okay. you're right honey, i'm sorry. i'll... i'll try to see it your way."