09. skateboards and flirts

CHAPTER NINE
( ! skateboards and flirts ! )

MARLEY WAS STOOD watching Kie and John B swim around to test the drone

MARLEY WAS STOOD watching Kie and John B swim around to test the drone. john b got all close to the drone and rubbed his finger against his teeth as jj went to touch something,

"what's this right here?"

"don't touch that," replied pope as he smacked jjs hand away making marley chuckle as she continued to watch john b do random things from the drone camera.

"i'm trying to work this thing," continued pope as he started messing with stuff. "god bless geeks, pope. truly, man." states jj as marley smiles at kie, who had just popped back up for air.

"what would we do without you to control the drone," continued jj as john b came up and pope responded, "well, technically, it's not a drone. it's an ROV."

"shut up. shut up. it's too early for that right now," stated jj as john b spoke up, "hey, once we get footage of the wreck, we'll bring it to a lawyer in town and file a formal claim."

"it's such bullshit why we have to do that," sighs jj as pope explains, "well. there is maritime salvage law. you can't just go to the ocean floor and scoop a bunch of stuff up."

"i know i know," responds jj before continuing, "it's just lawyers aren't cheap, bro." "well, as soon as they see the footage, they'll work for a comp," responds john b.

kie looks at the boy, "how do you know all that?" john b looks back at her, "cause my dad said it, like, a million times."

"yeah, that's fair," replies kie as she heads towards the latter up onto the dock.

"this tether is like, really, really long. in the wrong weather, it could get pushed around," informs pope as john b sighs, "then we'll go at dead calm." thunder then rumbles as the group looks at the sky.

"at slack tide?"

"so now, we just wait around for the right weather," states pope before he sighs, "and today is not that day."

marley walks next to jj as he stares at the thundering sky before resting her head on his arm and begins to also look towards the sky.

MARLEY STOOD IN her driveway with a skateboard at her feet. the girl was trying to learn how to ride the board so she could get around town quicker when she was by herself since she didn't have the money for a car and her father wanted to wait on getting the girl one.

she put both feet on the board and began riding in circles until she was thrown forward, making the girl stumble and the board shoot behind her.

marley glared down at the ground where a previously unseen large stick sat. the girl heard a laugh and quickly turned around to see jj smirking at her, holding her board.