10. searching for the merchant

CHAPTER TEN
( ! searching for the merchant ! )

MARLEY STOOD ON Popes dads boat next to JJ who was steering

MARLEY STOOD ON Popes dads boat next to JJ who was steering. the group had decided the weather was good enough for them to go looking for the royal merchant.

the boy had told the rest of the group marley would be up with him until she was needed since he knew she wanted to learn more about driving boats as john b stated, "all right, jj. pin it here."

"roger that! x marks the spot." replied jj as he winked at the girl standing next to him. marley chuckled a bit as jj began to steady the boat.

marley watched from besides jj as john b began to lower the drone. it hit the water and began to go further down as kie pushed down more and more of the tether.

pope watched the screen as he steered the drone. john b was watching the ipad with the view of the boat and where the treasure was, "all right, jj, we're right over it. ten seconds northwest."

"got it! ten seconds northwest," replied jj as he began turning the wheel. marley watched the boy, impressed by how he knew exactly what to do with the instructions given. she didn't fully understand what john b was saying but jj seemed to exactly.

"one hundred feet."

pope suddenly gasped, which made jj and marley turn towards him as john b ran over to the boy, "what? what, what, what, what?"

"it's nothing," replied pope as john b sighed, clearly annoyed. "sorry, i thought-"

john b walked away from pope as jj turned back around while stating, "don't do that to me, man. come on, bro!"

"-my bad. i just thought I saw..." pope shakes his head, trying to get past his moment of fear as he looks back towards the camera.

"and to quote The Hobbit, "down, down, to goblin town. down, down. you go, my lad." marley looked back at pope confused before she walked away from jj and towards kie.

"need any help?" kie looked at marley and smiled, "sure, every-time you see some red on the tether, add a line of chalk to the the other lines i've made so we can keep track of how far the drone is."

kie handed marley the chalk and marley nodded in understanding before she began to watch the yellow tether.

a small part of the tether turned red, making marley add another line of chalk to the three kie had added earlier. kie looked down at the marking and shouted, "four hundred feet!"