(CHP 10) ALCHEMIST ENCOUNTER

Antony:- "So what you are saying is that the attack on the city was done by alchemists?"

Lia:- "Yeah, they used enslaved humans as a base and by using the blood or bones or core of the monsters created weaker but more useful versions of them. However as the races are superior to begin with, even their super weak versions are at least 'B RANK' monsters."

Lucario:- "I see.... So... Ahem. There was no way to save them?"

Lia:- "Unfortunately none."

Lucas:- "I guess we will have to find their families and let them know."

Lily:- "No need. I have already found them."

Antony:- "I see, so did you inform them. They must have been sad."

Lily:- "No. Actually.... I.. it is hard to explain..."

Lia:- "Yes it is messed up."

Antony:- "What do you mean?"

Lucario:- "Elaborate..."

Lola:- "Yes I will like to know as well."

Lola was standing near the door. The royal family had decided to exclude Lola from this conversation, due to various reasons. But it seems Lola herself had different plans.

Lia:- "Are you sure? It won't be pleasant to listen to. Your impression of the church, of god might be hurt. It might be shattered too!"

Lola:- "I am prepared! I already know that Church has a hand in bad things, many of them. They are followers of god but behave in such demonic ways, I as a priestess of god need to be aware!"

Lia:- "Very well. Lily share what you found."

Lily:- "Well, the people who were used as ingredients were actually families whose children were talented in light magic and right now are working in the church. These families were denied to meet their children as soon as their talents were discovered and taken into the church. They haven't seen their children since then and couldn't do much as they were simple people, commoners in other words. They had started to band together to revolt against the church and get our, the high ranking noble's attention. However they suddenly disappeared one day."

Antony:- "And were found out to have been turned into usable materials. Damn it!"

Lia:- "A major reason behind this matter being under the wraps was, 'the church supporting nobles' in other words the 'CHURCH FACTION'. The nobles who kept this matter a secret also have their children as a part of church. This is a dark and twisted conspiracy."

Lucas:- "What now?"

Lucario:- "We can't move carelessly, as THEY might get alerted."

"Hmmmmmm"

Lia:- "We will look into it later. Our first course of action is obvious."

Antony:- "Find the next targets, protect them, gather solid evidence and deal with these alchemists and also recover from the damage we have suffered."

Lucario:- "They targeted the school so there can be few conclusions. First their next target is someone from our students or it was a decoy to mislead us or they wanted to damage our reputation or ...... something more sinister."

Lia:- "About the alchemists...... Leonardo!"

Leonardo:- "Yes master."

Leonardo suddenly appeared in front of them as if he was standing there since the beginning, without them noticing. This just shows how excellent of an shadow he was but at the same time also proves that their enemies, who managed to escape from him are very powerful.