[Chp-17] AFTER EFFECTS

In the distant past, a person destined to be a hero, was standing in a graveyard. He wore clothes which were extremely close to rags.
As he stood there, one by one, he read each name, which were carved on the the tombstones very roughly. It was his first time making a grave after all. All the names were extremely familiar, each attached to a happy memory. Why wouldn't they be?

???:- I managed to survive, thanks to everyone.

Words barely managing to escape from his mouth, although extremely short, contained a world of emotions. The voice was calm but the face was painted in pain. Eyes overflowing with tears and wounds all over. Most importantly,

???:- I am alone, again.

He was plagued by a empty heart. His hair and eyes lost their original colour and now shined silver in the dark and heavy night. His only companion, a nameless spirit, floating around him, waiting for him to finish the prayers.
The combo of the two, if seen by anyone, would appear like...

"IT WAS A SILVER GHOST. EYES FULL OF VENGEANCE! IT STOOD IN THE CENTER OF SEVERAL FRESH GRAVES!
THE SILVER REAPER!"

???:- Let's go, spirit. Hmmm. Calling you just spirit is cold, I'll call you Kurumi from now on. You are now one of mine.

Spirit enthralled by the sudden naming, the spirit danced joyfully over the boy. Although hee simply named it, seeking some sort of warmth so as to not lose his humanity.

The world later knew him by the name
LUCIFER

In the present.....
The battle now long over. Everyone had finished the rescue mission and had captured three of the Alchemists.

Lola:- It seems sister Lia has still not awakened.

Lily:- So it seems.

Tony:- Neel is still asleep too. It seems they are super exhausted after fighting that.

Lucario:- IRON MONARCH.

The Regalia royal family along with the now larger group of drifters, sat at the same table as the meeting few days prior.

Lucario:- Too much has occurred in these few days. Attack after attack, the enemies are unexpectedly 'evolving' too.

Max:- Like Pokemon and sometimes Digimon!

Anastasia:- Exactly!

Ignoring the difter's wierd comparison, the discussion continued.

Lucas:- Our defences are at their weakest. The academy is starting soon too. The new recruits for knights are joining tomorrow and there is the problem of the hole we found. *Sign*

Lucas had clear black bags under his eyes. Not being able to rest as he had to do double the work he usually did. Lucario and Antony were looking fine but actually didn't have much energy left either. The three men of royal family dressed comfortably, exhausted to the bone, sat and ate their food.

Lily and Lola didn't look much better either. Dressed lightly with a bit messy hair, which by the way still looked good on them. They didn't have the energy for anything and just woke up from a well deserved sleep.

The food was made with their health in mind and hence kept easy to digest. The dishes included soup and salad along with drinks.

Lola:- The route that you found under one of the Alchemist's base, it had something of concern brother?

Picking up what Lucas had said, Lola tried to stay updated on the situation. Though all of them were tired, they were still the royal family.

Lucario:- It had a portal under construction. A gateway to some sort of land, a land full of monsters. The possible location is..... FORSAKEN ISLAND.