[CHP-1.5] EXAMINATION PATTERN.

[A/n]THIS CHAPTER IS BASICALLY AN EXPLANATION ON HOW THE PROCESS OF ACADEMY ADMISSION SHALL TAKE PLACE.

The week between tragedy of LAWLESS and the announcement of the TOURNAMENT OF QUALIFICATION. Is a week of preparations and hurdles.

No matter how you see it testing all 8000 students in a single tournament is extremely time consuming and tedious. Impossible one might say, but...... That is if it were an ordinary institute!
Royal academy of Regalia kingdom, it is the epicenter of allied species joint project- EDUCATE THE FUTURE. It isn't an ordinary institute!
The mightiest institute for education. Age, titles, race, country all these are mere facts in this institute. What decides your ranking and life in this place is your own talent and hardwork.

The admission forms that were in millions, with extreme cruelty and practicality now cut down to 8000. The process was the most fair one in existence. The brightest gems, yet to be refined to their peak were the only ones who could possibly manage to enter.

All of these 8000 talented geniuses had another trial in front of them. If they crossed this even once, a life close to heaven is all that awaited them! The selection process for tournament of qualification. During the buffer time of one week, they went through an extremely thorough, complex and surprisingly fast process. 2000 teachers and evaluators, along with 3000 spectators representing various guilds, kingdoms and noble families present to oversee this whole process. Some looking for prospective knights, some for mages, some for students and some for guild members.

TALENT is all that mattered, find talent and obtain it! Anyone who tries to destroy, break or corrupt the talent will be found and crushed by the others! Preying eyes of competition and dry throats of the anxious students filled the examination halls. Parents of the students were in special rooms where they could oversee the whole examination from a monitor. 10 groups of 800 students each. Each group contained students from various fields with different specialisations. There exists three stages that the students need to tackle. The common written test, common ability test and specialised overall test.

The 'Common Written Test' takes place first. It covers 7 subjects, a paper of 20 marks each conducted in a single day. Also called as THE EXAM FROM HELL. There exists no syllabus, no text book and hence no way to predict the possible questions.
The 7 subjects include geography, history, language, mathematics, magic theory, monster biology and general knowledge. To pass the general exam you need to get an aggregate of 70 out of 140 and a minimum of 7 marks per subject. Sounds simple but, the Highest anyone has ever gotten in this exam throughout the 200 years history of this institute is 80.

Second, 'Common Ability Test'. There are 8 aspects of inspection in this test. Stamina, strength, agility, mana, fortitude, Will, dexterity and senses.

Hp:- The ability to take hits and quantified stamina is Hp. In other words health points.

Strength:- Physical attack power.

Agility:- It is related to one's movement speed. Usually how many times can you attack in a minute, is used as a testing standard.

Mana:- Depending on how many first circle spells can you cast, your mana pool is given numerical value.

Fortitude:- Defence/Resistance against physical attacks.

Will:- Defence/Resistance against magic

Dexterity:- usually signifies the ability to hit the target, that is, hit rate.

Sense:- The ability to evade attacks or evasion rate.

1]Hp is tested by running laps around the academy in full body armour and minimum 1 round must be completed.
2] Strength is tested by using a dummy Golem [defensive]
3]Agility is test by having students hit a dummy Golem [defensive].
4]Mana through a spirit sphere, it has never once in the past given an inaccurate reading.
5]Fortitude by having the students block hits from Dummy Golem [offensive].
6]Will by an magic item which transfers shock throughout the body. Lower the shock, higher the will power.
7]Dexterity is based on how many times one can hit dummy Golem [evasive]
8]Sense by how many wooden arrows can one dodge.

To be eligible to participate in TOURNAMENT OF QUALIFICATION [ToQ] one needs to score in any 3 stats atleast:-

Hp:- 8000
[For comparison a direct hit from a cannon deals 500 damage. A person with 8000hp has enough stamina to fight for 8days continuously.]
Strength:-1000
[can easily destroy class walls in a single attack and unlocks unique stat aura]
Agility:- 200
[can hit as much as 10 times in a second. Only one in a million can reach this level]
Mana:- 1000
[The power of spells depends on this stat, even a lower level spells can destroy a platoon with 1000mana. This stat decides mage's future. A combat mage needs minimum 500mana.]
Fortitude:- 1000
[ Reduces the damage taken from physical attacks. For comparison, when hit by a cannon, the ball would bounce off if one has 1000 fortitude]
Will:- 1000
[Reduces the damage and effectiveness of magic spells. With 1000 will, magic from mages with 500mana or less is almost nullified.]
Dexterity:- 1000
[Extremely Useful if your main weapon is a projectile type. Archer, gunsman, etc usually specialise in this. Can hit a target 10km away with accuracy]
Sense:- 200
[A stat loved by scouts and Assassins. Can avoid a bullet from even point blank range.]

If they manage to reach the required score in any 3 of the above. They obtain the right to aim for ToQ. Usually, half of the students get filtered here.

The third and final hurdle 'Specialised Overall Test'. It is by far the most important test of all. Even if you fail the rest, pass in this and you shall be automatically qualified for the ToQ. Over here special characteristics are tested.
The widely known unique stats are:-
1]Divinity stat [of priests]
2] Focus stat [of Archer]
3] Aura stat
4] Spirit affinity
5] Summoning limit
6] Luck stat

And so on. The test takes place mostly independently and each person is given time. To ensure no hidden gems goes unnoticed. Not much is actually known about how this exam is conducted. Even the instructors identify is hidden using magic.

After all of this is completed, there is usually a day's rest before the ToQ.

And now it is time to begin. The fight for the top! Talent, knowledge and hardwork is nothing until you can put it to action! Until you show results, you will be ignored! Now is the time. Beginning of the TOURNAMENT OF QUALIFICATION!