Chapter Thirty Nine

Y/N's POV
Natasha looked at me with sympathy in her eyes, "Listen, I don't want to do this either but I have no choice." She used a walkie talkie that she had and she talked to Fury, saying for them to come back inside. Wanda came in and said, "If you don't mind, I'm going to try and return your memories. All you need to do is relax."

 As Wanda entered my mind, I thought to myself forgetting Wanda was in my head, 'Y/N, aLl yOu hAvE tO dO iS rElAx. Bruh, you expect me to be able to relax with all this chaos happening?'

I heard Wanda speak in my head, 'Trust me, sis. This is as hard as it is for me as it is for you'

Slowly, I could feel my memories coming back. There was that time I tried eating a cockroach when I was little, the time I won a soccer game when I was 5, the time when I flew off to Vulcan, the way I criticized the Vulcan society and cultures but ended up becoming one of them in the end. Then there was the one memory I didn't necessarily want back, the time when our parents died.

I opened my eyes and I could feel the tears threatening to fall. Fury said one final thing, "We all know what you are capable of and you have no choice but to accept my offer. Y/N Maximoff, will you join the Avengers?" I sadly smiled and nodded my head. My father then said, "Well, little Maximoff, welcome to the team."

 -

We arrived back at the tower, with everyone trailing behind me. I ignored everybody around me and went to sit down on the couch. Tony turned on the TV and everything that happened at S.H.I.E.L.D. Headquarters was playing on the screen. God, I didn't want to relive this nightmare. Natasha sat next to me and held me close, knowing what I was going through, as I cried into her shoulder.

-

I may have looked like I was sleepy and shit, but in reality my brain was working its gears. If I was 6 and the twins were 10 when our parents died, then we have a 4 year age gap, which means they're either 24 or 25. After the video recording ended, everyone sat silently in the room until Thor broke the silence. "Lady Y/N, you're wearing Lady Natasha's shirt."

Everyone burst out laughing except for Natasha and I. Sam asked, "Did you two-" Natasha quickly interrupted him saying, "Oh, no no no. That's not a question I need answered." Bucky, being the nice friend he is, said, "Well you look good in that shirt." Wanda asked me, "Hey, uh, do you want help unpacking and setting up your room?" I replied with, "Yeah, actually, last night, Nat said she'll help me."

 -

After Natasha helped me unpack, (Like hanging up my clothes, setting up the bathroom as needed etc.) I thanked her and she went along to do her own thing.

Maybe life won't be as complicated, I just gotta wait and see.

A/N: okay so yk like the wattpad starter pack like how the writer gets severely injured and can't write/publish? Well that kinda happened to me. I got oral surgery done yesterday and I'm freaking dying. But since I can't do other activities, I've been writing but I might not publish for the next week because of my  surgery and my b-day is coming up in 2 weeks.