Empty Darkness

Connection with unknown world established, nearest magic signature- two hundred meters.

Peaceful waters lapped on a shore near the edge of Mesopotamia, the calm blue tide pulling further into the sandy beach as a swirling black void formed over the muddy mixture, opening to reveal a silhouette of a woman.

Stumbling forward in the coarse gravel, her bare feet sifted in the sand as the katana she held beside her gleamed with the late light from the moon giving an unmistakable ethereal feeling as she looked to the sky in her white kimono.

Dissipating as soon it had appeared the young girl took in her surroundings a second longer before venturing off, unaware to her from a second void of darkness opening in place of her own an unknown individual witnessed the unfolding events before retreating in the opposite direction.

~~~~~

"All finished! She's good to move around now."

It was a new day as the first sign of sunrise began to peek over the horizon.

Poking my head in I could see master placing her shoes on, the usual smile plastered back on her face while she thanked the doctors before heading out to meet me.

"Good morning senpai, how are you feeling this morning?"

"Pretty well. Like the whole thing never happened."

Mash
"That's good news," I replied briefly making eye contact as the events of yesterday resurfaced raining guilt on my conscience.

"U-Um senpai about yesterday-Ah!"

For the next few seconds, I could Ritsuka senpai's hand running through my hair in a comforting pat knowing full well what I intended to say.

Gudako
"Don't worry about it there's no way I would blame you. We were entirely overwhelmed and caught off guard. Next time, let's give them our all Mashu."

Her warm words and infectious smile saved me from my mental warfare yet again, smiling back I return her confidence. "Yes!"

...

After thanking the group of healers once more the two of us admired the contrasting atmosphere of Uruk, the city was nothing it appeared to be last night. Citizens lined every part of the street buying all sorts of merchandise.

Sifting through the crowd manage to land eyes on a bench lying off a side road heading there to discuss what plan of action we should take next.

Gudako
"So lively. Was it like this last night?"

Mashu
"Not at all. The night was quiet except for the sounds of running water and the guards talking amongst themselves."

Gudako
"Sounds peaceful."

Mashu
"It was quite serene. While they were talking I did manage to hear overhear some things."

"The beasts we encountered yesterday spend their time attacking the gate during the day. By nightfall, they disappear as if nothing happened and then repeat."

"Things have been this way for a while they're worried about them breaking through eventually."

Gudako
"Maybe the person from the forest has something to do with them."

Mashu
"Yes, I believe so too, but there's no way to know right now."

Gudako
"Maybe Da Vinci and Dr.Roman could tell."

Mashu
"It's possible, but the landline hasn't been established. Contact with Chaldea will be nearly impossible without it."

"I thought of setting it up last night but without meeting the ruler it could be taken as an act of hostility."