Tide of Extinction

M...

M...a

Ma...

Mas...

???
"Master..."

???
"Master!"

???
"Master!!!"

Gudako
"At...alan..ta...is that you?"

My subsided consciousness returned to find Atalanta peering into my face curiously glancing me over for injuries.

Straining just a bit I manage to lean back on my elbows noticing the battlefield was far behind us...or rather it wasn't visible.

Formless black mist obscured our vision of the battle happening outside. Not a clamor reached through to the quiet world ultimately stirring my wonder.

Gudako
"Where...are we? How's the battle proceeding?"

Atalanta
"Calm yourself, master. The others seem to be holding back the opposition, Okita and Serenity are starting to tire but the frontline is still standing."

"As for where we are-

Shiki
"My void. A place that you've seen only in your dreams."

Gudako
"That voice...I've heard it...somewhere."

Shiki
"Of course. You remember our dream don't you, master?"

It takes a moment to realize the soft feminine voice came from behind me as their playful laugh tickles my ear and delicate fingers brush against my face.

Gradually a young black-haired girl materialized behind me implying I was resting in her lap just before now. It was someone I had gotten to know very well.

Shiki
"Wonderful to see you again Gudako. You've healed up rather nicely."

Gudako
"S-Shiki...yeah, thank you."

Atalanta
"Say, master, your thoughts for how to proceed? There isn't enough magical energy for us to go full power to counter their numbers."

Shiki
"Archer is right. You'll burn out in under five minutes with a divine servant like Atalanta and a high servant like myself draining your energy."

"It'd be best for you to remain here, we'll manifest using our magic reserves to kill the remaining demonic beasts."

Gudako
"......I appreciate your care and concern but we're ending this, together." My hands gripped both theirs resolutely, and a hopeful smile made its way onto my face.

I gazed at the two squeezing their hands tighter, my eyes showing my mind was already made up.

The two sighed in defeat resigning themselves to lend an ear in our plan to proceed.

Gudako
"Alright then, here's what we're going to do."

...

Battlefield★ ★Silva POV★

Typhoon
"There they are... visual in sight."

Silva
"Yeah. Three hundred meters and falling."

I was free-falling with Typhoon manipulating the light so I appeared behind the opponent.

The same blue-haired girl came into view, her figure was coasting gracefully across the giant wave without a hint of interest in her surroundings.

However, at a certain point in our fall, her dance began to slow and she turned in slow intricate circles.

Time felt as if it had slowed and as she spun around our eyes locked, her glittering blue pearls lingered on me, enticingly inviting me to join her as she gave a quick giggle all before our gaze was broken.