Okita's Shinsengumi

"P-Pollux! Holy hell... I haven't seen you-

"Since the Argonaut, yeah. You used to admire the stars the same way back then too even with Castor and me around. It was a dead giveaway, hehe."

"Ugh...Cas...Ca...sto...yeah...him," The toxic dislike in my words was no secret, the vile poison his name summoned sat upon the tip of my tongue as I turned away cursing while Pollux continued laughing.

"Is he here?"

"Not exactly, it's just me. I've never adventured without nii-sama but the abnormal mana flow will only let one of us manifest even though we share the same spirit origin."

"So in a way, he's here in essence. As a bonus, I can also use his abilities in addition to mine."

"I can't imagine your pain...having someone that annoying inhabiting the same soul as you."

"We can switch if you want."

"Oh, no way in hell."

I shook my head pursuing after Pollux in the tame night sky as she circled the clouds to the mountaintop taking in the beauty of the floral landscape.

I watched on curiously as her head tilted side to side in bewilderment of sleeping Melt before glancing at me questioningly with a bizarre look.

"Stealing water deities again, Silva?"

"Quit making me out to be a kidnapper. Besides, you-know-who was a princess."

"True, but you can't deny how similar they look, I'm surprised this wacky spirit origin of hers contains Artemis instead of Sephira."

"...I would've had a more difficult time if it had."

"If I hadn't called out to you who knows what would've happened."

"I forgot you were there. Should've guessed it was you, no one else would use the stars' location to determine an enemy's position."

"Well regardless of how, you still won. Even spared her and did your best to befriend her."

"Subconsciously, I believe everything you've done up till now is because of her uncanny likeness to Sephira."

"Maybe... No that's most likely the case, but I don't want that to be the driving factor for our supposed friendship."

"Aside from having comparable water-based abilities Melt has a kind and fragile heart, but it's cold at the same, just like hers was, as mine still is now."

"Some of the others here, their personalities and actions remind me of friends from back home. It's like I've woken up in a false reality."

"I don't completely get it. The only people you interact with aside from me and Melt recently are Nero and Atta nee-san."

"Not that you should feel terrible about it, but if they evoke nostalgia and feelings of home... why avoid them at all?"

"Because...I don't want to repeat what happened back then."

"It's silly to believe what happened in our first lives could reoccur now... yet it is still possible, no matter how small I refuse to let it trouble the others."

"......What of the trouble it causes you? You're a free-spirited individual, always have been, ironically, however, youre letting your worries bog you down."

"The best way to rid yourself of such worries is to fight them head-on, those were your words, so have faith and follow them, Silva."

Pollux hugged me from behind resembling how a goddess would a follower. Her tiny arms wrapped around my neck as she smiled at me from above.