The Meaning of Being Human

___________★One Week Ago★
Summon successful...connection to the world established
Location: Mesopotamia

"Just my luck, woken up after centuries only to add more flames to the sparks of war."

"Hey, Typhoon...Typhoon, are you there?"

Tapping curiously on the artifact hanging around my neck, no response came from the being locked within as they showed signs of remaining dormant.

I guess they're still asleep...

Unwrapping a pair of chains from my right arm, they sparked with a purple flare under the moon's light as their shape altered, transforming into wheels that attached themselves to my shoes. Trees toppled over, cut into uneven pieces and even the tiniest of grass was split down the middle as I bladed across the terrain, launching across a ravine and propelling myself sky high.

Similar to a raindrop, I fell from above and heard the messy rumble of something collapsing as I landed atop the roof of a house, feeling its rickety-worn structure shift and crack at its roots.

Sniffing the air in harmony with widening my magic sense, the surroundings all within one-hundred meters became known to me.

Let's see... About ten human settlements...four east...two south...one north, and...three west. Avoiding them all would make me most comfortable...

HISSSSS!

Splendid. Local wildlife, getting them to communicate with me should prove beneficial.

"The nearest cave, would anyone in your pack be able to direct me to one?" Meeting the creatures stalking below, I stood in the midst of their circle as the biggest of the group came forward, pawing at the dirt while they eyed me steadily.

Licking their chops the group pounces on me at once, the biggest creatures sinking their teeth into my torso while the little ones go for the arms and legs.

Their attacks prove fruitless and each of them bounces off my body, their teeth completely shattered recoiling in pain as they howl loudly.

Silva
"I'm afraid that question was redundant, you have no choice in the matter." Picking a beast up by the neck I open my eyes and brainwash every beast nearby.

"Lead me to the nearest cave," I command authoritatively setting the beast down gently, healing it from the wounds.

They all kneel and bow squandering off to the east in the direction of a dark forest.

I follow behind cruising slowly with my bladed-shoes. Passing through several clearings we pass under a thicket before stopping abruptly at a large cave entrance.

The biggest of the group looks back and grumbles gesturing something was inside waiting.

Materializing meat from thin air I thank the beasts give them the food before departing inside.

Weapons ready it isn't long until I meet the monster lingering inside. A twenty-foot-tall seven-headed snake with deathly sharp red scales plating every inch of its body.

Beholding me with both sets of eyes the thing hisses in amusement moving its strong slender body around the cave dropping stalactites everywhere.

Letting out another playful hiss the leftmost head strikes low aiming precisely for the legs. Holding my sword firmly I return it to a chain and encase the head beheading it the next second.

It collapses for a few seconds before regenerating striking once again.

Grabbing the chains from my left arm it takes the form of a giant shuriken blade. Taking it by the hole in the middle I throw behind me knocking back two heads while partying the onslaught of another.