Memories Sealed by Land

...

Atta...wake...

...Atta...

...huh?

...It's...dark.

A starry night sky. I woke in a grassy field facing the shiny stars while feeling the luscious silky meadow flattened beneath my torso and legs.

Strong soothing winds swept throughout the grassland tossing flower petals, pebbles, and other greenery across the field as a hand briefly came over my eyes brushing away long green strands of hair that sat on the tip of my nose.

"...Silva?"

I breathed his name. His hands caressed my head softly as it rested on his warm lap.

"At-ta," he whispered shakily.

Silva gazed down at me, the last essences of shadows finally melting from around his head to reveal his sad blushing red face contorted in bereft and sorrow.

"At last, you're back to normal."

"For now. There's no telling when another god will have me turn my blade against you."

"Again, with the self-loathing. I didn't risk my life to hear such things."

"...Sorry, it's just-"

"Shhh. Silva."

I silenced him. Pressing a finger to his mouth he grew quiet as I blew a calming shush.

"...I'm the one who's sorry. I knew there was a chance you'd lose it looking at an altar because of that nightmare. Instead of brushing you off atop the gate and every other time we talk, I should've been watching out for you, given your condition. That's what comrades do."

"Therefore, don't apologize. Protecting master will always be my most crucial task, but it doesn't mean I should neglect my other meaningful friendships like you, Medea, or Kosmos."

"...And the whole nii-san thing?"

"Ah, w-well..."

Shifting and nuzzling my body further into Silva's lap I turn onto my side away from his eyes. My tail swishes embarrassingly as I rub my arms feeling warmth in my cheeks despite the chilly night.

"I was imitating Kosmos's voice since she calmed you down the one time you went berserk. I wasn't sure if mine would completely get through to you, t-that's why."

"I suppose I did become less aggressive after hearing it. The hug was nice too."

!!!

My cheeks reddened in full bloom up to my ears. Memory of the hug before I lost consciousness played back vividly.

"E-Enough with the teasing. You're clearly feeling better if you're joking around." I punched at Silva's side.

"But I wasn't joking. The embrace helped most, being that close even with my state of mind gone. I could tell it was you by your scent and how your face felt. ...Every aspect was reassuring and sympathetic."

For a moment, I thought I'd heard him wrong. Circling the words he spoke in my head multiple times, I couldn't bring myself to say anything more.

I had no response. I kept quiet, hearing my restless beating heart reverberate against my chest as an awkward silence filled the air in place of our words.

Briefly, I considered withdrawing from his lap out of his apologetic touch. Before I could, however, a flashy mint green light came from the overly-sized crater ahead of us.