The Scuffle Against the Third Goddess: Victory Awaits... Who?

"Senpai!"

My backside took a forceful blow as Mash pinned me down, protecting us under her shield as a giant tail swept over our heads.

The pure weight behind its gigantic size pushed Mash's shield onto us it threatened to flatten us under its defense as sparks flew off its surface from the attacker's scaly skin raking over the metal.

A thin trace of blood marked a path down my cheek from an opening cut under the sharp wind urged by the long-lasting onslaught.

The warm rays of the sun were freed from the shadow cast by the giant's tail, soaking Mash and I's tired bodies with its heat waves. Our reprieve from the clutches of death quickly ended as we peeked out from under our shelter, witnessing the tail's length reel back to swat down upon us like flies.

Crap!

"Mana Conversion!"

Powerless in front of the impact that awaited, I did the last thing I could and buffed Mash as I was unable to feel my legs on solid ground the seconds after hearing the strike hit with the precision and speed of a cracking whip.

Five...

Ten...

Fifteen...

I counted how many seconds had passed since I felt my body become deathly freezing and my sense of sight was robbed by the darkness. The wind had begun to pick up and shivering became all but normal as I clutched my right side.

...Slowly my eyes fluttered open, uncomfortable with basking in the unknown of how long I had before inevitably crashing back down onto solid earth. Blue sky lounged lazily around me, speeding by and rotating in a mix of different angles, leaving the breath I had to become stuck in my throat.

"Sorry your first experience riding with me is a bumpy one. Try to put a little pressure on that wound, it looks like one of the flying boulders from the attack's shockwave smacked against you harder than I thought."

"I-Ishtar!"

"In the flesh. Your fashionably late goddess of Venus has arrived!"

Topping off her greeting with a playful wink, Ishtar's next shots collided with a gathering of snakes snaking their way through the air as handfuls more took place of their fallen allies as I was rocked around in Ishtar's arm securely holding my waist while she weaved and dodged between every snake's fangs.

Teeth grinding each other into dust, I winced feeling Ishtar's elbow prod into my injury as our next evasive maneuver took us for a wild one-hundred eighty-degree spin that threatened my neck with whiplash and nearly sent me plummeting from Manna.

"Mash... where's Mash, is she safe?" I asked, getting my breathing under control.

"Yea, of course. I wasn't the only servant who managed to get to you guys."

"So..." Breaking free from the last of the pursuers nipping at our feet, Ishtar turned to me, hinting at the walking tsunami that was the giant servant we faced with a tilt of her head while Manna veered behind it. "Have we figured out the servant's true name yet?"

"Not at the moment. Leonidas and Atalanta looked as if they had an inkling earlier, but they've been heavily targeted we haven't been able to reach them... aside from Ushi... but she..."

"Master!"

Shouting above all the noise, my eyes chased a figure running across the earth with Mash clinging to their sleeves just to keep up. Descending for a cliff not too far from the reaches of the battle, their progression ceased and became a bloody display as the one pulling Mash vomited quarters of blood, falling forward as their pupils grew hazy.